GEICO says summer boat season is underway; don’t skip the safety tips
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With summer boating season in full swing, most boaters are anxious to get out on the open water. But that doesn’t mean you skip out on the maintenance. Your boat still needs a good deal of care and attention in the summer months. GEICO offers some preventive tips to ensure you get the most out of your summertime boating fun.
- Ensure that all electronic equipment is operating properly.
- Tune the engine and replace the oil and filters.
- Check the coolant level and test for a proper mixture.
- Make sure that your carbon monoxide detector is working properly.
- Inspect the general condition of the hull and apply a coat of wax.
- Check all ignition and secondary wiring for wear.
- Inspect all safety equipment and life vests.
- Check the mooring lines for wear.
- Inspect all fuel system components for leaks.
- Replace any anodes that show signs of wear.
Boat and PWC coverages are written through Seaworthy Insurance Company, a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate, and through other non-affiliated insurance companies, and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency.