Research and Markets: Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2013-2017
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h3h5bq/challenges_and) has announced the addition of the "Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2013" report to their offering.
“Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2013”
This report is the result of extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong. It focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
- In 2012, Hong Kong HNWIs held 39.8% (US$452 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is above the worldwide norm of 20-30%.
- It is expected that foreign asset holdings will increase to US$648 billion by 2017, when they will account for 37.3% of total HNWI assets.
- The Asia-Pacific region accounted for 59.6% of the foreign assets of Hong Kong HNWIs.
- It was followed by North America with 18.3%, Europe with 11.8%, Latin and South America with 6.1%, the Middle East with 2.5% and Africa with 1.9%.
- The share of foreign assets that Hong Kong HNWIs allocated to the Asia-Pacific region increased marginally from 57.7% in 2008 to 59.6% in 2012. The allocation is expected to increase over the forecast period to reach 61.8% by 2017, as there is huge potential in emerging economies such as China and India.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Competitive Landscape of the Wealth Sector
- Bank of East Asia
- CITIC Bank International
- Chi Yu Bank
- Chong Hing Bank Limited
- Dah Sing Bank Ltd
- Hang Seng Bank Ltd
- Mevas Bank Ltd
- Nanyang Commercial Bank
- Tai Sang Bank Ltd
- Wing Hang Bank Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h3h5bq/challenges_and