Honda Canada Closes Out a Strong First Half of 2014
Sixth Consecutive Month of Growth
Honda Civic continues to top competitors in the passenger car category
Honda Odyssey posts June monthly sales record
MARKHAM, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Combined June sales of 16,185 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented an 8% increase over last year’s sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported June sales of 14,727 units, up 10% over last year. The Acura Division reported June sales of 1,458 units, down 6% versus last year.
“Both of Acura’s luxury SUVs, the RDX and MDX, posted considerable sales growth in June and we are delighted to see that the Honda Civic closes the first half of 2014 as the leader in the passenger car segment.”
"Six consecutive months of sales increases in 2014 demonstrate Honda’s strength and momentum in a wide selection of utility vehicles including the Honda Fit, Odyssey, and Ridgeline,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Both of Acura’s luxury SUVs, the RDX and MDX, posted considerable sales growth in June and we are delighted to see that the Honda Civic closes the first half of 2014 as the leader in the passenger car segment."
• Honda Civic holds its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada through the first half of 2014 (up 12% in June versus last year)
• Honda Fit monthly sales were up 122% versus the same period last year (1,517 versus 682 units sold)
• Honda Odyssey sales were up 22% versus the same period last year, which sets an all-time June sales record (1,367 versus 1,362 units sold in June 2000)
• Acura MDX monthly sales were up 37% in June versus the same period last year (482 versus 352 units sold)
• Acura RDX monthly sales were up 23% in June versus the same period last year(525 versus 426 units sold)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6.5 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $1.98 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 3.9 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2014||2013||% Change||Model||2014||2013||% Change|
|HONDA division||14,727||13,416||9.8%||HONDA division||73,020||67,206||8.7%|
|ACURA division||1,458||1,555||-6.2%||ACURA division||9,164||9,371||-2.2%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||16,185||14,971||8.1%||Honda Canada Inc.||82,184||76,577||7.3%|