West African Resources Ltd (ASX:WAF) 24m at 2.81g/t Au Including 5m at 6.75g/t Au End of Hole
PERTH, Australia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--West African Resources Ltd (ASX:WAF) (TSXV:WAF) is pleased to announce further high-grade gold results from oxide resource definition drilling and diamond drilling at its Mankarga 5 deposit, Burkina Faso.
The results are from the central sections of the Mankarga deposit which has been infill drilled on 50m spaced drill lines. Diamond drilling continues to focus on providing important structural data for resource expansion and development. The results in TAN14-DD009 are located in the hanging wall adjacent to the main zone of mineralisation and are outside the current resource area, indicating good potential to discover parallel zones with further drilling. Significant results include:
TAN14-DD009: 18m at 1.96g/t Au from 53m including 5m at 4.83g/t Au
- 7m at 1.59g/t Au from 110m including 1m at 7.29g/t Au
- 12m at 1.37g/t Au from 180m
- 19m at 1.12g/t Au from 197m
TAN14-DD010: 15m at 2.69g/t Au from 68m including 1m at 6.7g/t Au and 8m at 3.64g/t Au
Oxide resource definition drilling has returned significant results which will improve grade and category of the resource model in the resource update planned for the December quarter. Best results from the ongoing program include:
TAC0240: 29m at 2.53g/t Au from surface including 1m at 11.48g/t Au, 6m at 3.11g/t Au and 10m at 3.29g/t Au
TAC0244: 8m at 5.57g/t Au from 49m including 1m at 37.31g/t Au (ending in mineralisation)
TAC0255: 24m at 2.81g/t Au from 27m including 5m at 6.75g/t Au and 4m at 4.29g/t Au (ending in mineralisation)
TAC0260: 5m at 4.09g/t Au from 40m
TAC0267: 19m at 1.3g/t Au from 7m including 5m at 2.8g/t Au
- and 17m at 1.9g/t Au from 39m including 1m at 15.33g/t Au
An updated cross-section of NE850 and summary plan showing results from recent drilling as well as is shown in Figures 1 and 2 in link below, with results presented in Tables 2 and 3 in link below.
The Company is focussed on near-term production with the immediate focus on the Mankarga 5 deposit and existing nearby gold prospects. The Company aims to be a +50,000oz per annum gold producer within two years, subject to study outcomes, via a low-cost heap leach starter project. In February, West African secured a second-hand 1.6Mtpa heap leach plant as part of its plan to fast-track development of Mankarga 5. The proposed project development schedule for Mankarga 5 and surrounding prospects is shown in Table 1 in link below.
Notes for table 2 and 3 in link below:
- All holes are Reverse Circulation (RC) aircore holes or Diamond Core holes.
- All reported intersections from the current 2014 program are assayed at 1m intervals.
- Mineralised intervals reported with a maximum of 2 metre of internal dilution of less than 0.50g/t gold (Table 2) or 2g/t Au (Table 3). No top cut applied.
- Sample preparation and Fire Assay conducted by BIGS Ouagadougou. Assayed by 50g fire assay with AAS finish.
- QA/QC protocol: For diamond core one blank and one standard inserted for every 18 core samples (2 QA/QC samples within every 20 samples dispatched, or 1 QA/QC sample per 10 samples despatched) and no duplicates.
- QA/QC protocol: For RC samples we insert one blank, one standard and one duplicate for every 17 samples (3 QA/QC within every 20 samples or 1 every 8.5 samples).
To view table 1, 2 and 3 and figure 1 and figure 2, please visit:
About West African Resources Limited
Dual listed (TSX-V and ASX) West African Resources Limited is a gold-copper exploration company dedicated to creating shareholder value through the acquisition, exploration and development of resource projects in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
West African has a landholding of 6,370sq km and 200km of strike length of early Proterozoic Birimian greenstone belts, which are highly prospective for gold mineralisation.