BroadbandVision Announces Broadband Carrier Focused Inaugural Program
Broadband ecosystem event to cover key network monetization strategies and best practices
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, ITTA – the Voice of Mid-Size Carriers, and Telecompetitor announced the agenda for the inaugural BroadbandVision show, held October 1-3, 2014, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will provide attendees with insight into the opportunities for success at every layer of the broadband carrier ecosystem. BroadbandVision will reveal key broadband monetization issues facing telcos, cable providers, wireless Internet companies, utilities and municipalities.
“We are assembling the best minds in broadband to deliver an interactive program that will benefit all participants of the broadband carrier ecosystem.”
“Broadband carriers have invested, and will continue to invest, billions of dollars in infrastructure. Generating the best possible return on that investment is paramount. Our program will discuss the strategies, ideas, and best practices to accomplish this important objective,” said Bernie Arnason, chair of BroadbandVision. “We are assembling the best minds in broadband to deliver an interactive program that will benefit all participants of the broadband carrier ecosystem.”
The full BroadbandVision agenda includes general sessions and three breakout tracks focused on video and entertainment, cloud and enterprise, and broadband ideas case studies. The sessions include:
- Gigabit Broadband: Broadband’s Next Frontier
- Get Smart: Leveraging the Smart Economy
- The Cable TV Business: A CEOs Perspective
Video and Entertainment Track
- From Good to Great: Achieving the Best Entertainment Experience
- Constructing the Home Network: Deliver the Goods
- Competing With Conglomerates: Implications of the Megamergers
- G.Fast: Copper-to-the-Home
- BroadbandTV: Let’s Talk Details
- DOCSIS 3.0 to 3.1: Ride the Wave
- Netflix: New Friend or Trojan Horse?
Cloud and Enterprise Track
- Managed Wi-Fi: Let’s Get Down to Business
- Enterprise Apps: The Low Hanging Fruit
- From Five 9s to Market Focused: A Cultural Transition
- From Broadband Investment to SmartGrid Success: Connecting the Dots
- Data Center: Build, Buy, or Partner?
- IoT: Hype or Developing Business Opportunity?
- E-Rate: Maximize Your Opportunity
Broadband Ideas Case Studies Track
- The New Data Center: Reinventing the Central Office and Head End
- Rethinking Wireless Backhaul
- TV White Spaces Broadband: Viable Broadband Access Option?
- Rural 4G LTE: Early Lessons Learned
- BroadbandTV: Early Results
- Going Out of Market with Hosted PBX
BroadbandVision will also launch the inaugural BroadbandVision Impact Awards at this year’s event to honor companies that are developing new services, technologies or applications that will change the way telcos, cable providers, wireless Internet companies, utilities and municipalities are able to deliver broadband service. The BroadbandVision Impact Awards will open for submissions on July 7, 2014 and will close September 2, 2014.
Platinum sponsor Ericsson leads a growing number of broadband ecosystem companies including NetAmerica Alliance, Finley Engineering, ANPI, Allied Telesis, JSI, and ZTE who are supporting BroadbandVision’s important industry goals
Registration for BroadbandVision Show is now open. Contact Tocia Johnson at 240-482-8130 for more information. Companies interested in exhibiting or sponsorship packages for BroadbandVision should contact Paul McPherson at 240-463-1700.
BroadbandVision is North America’s leading Fall tradeshow focused on building mindshare, introducing new ideas, and facilitating business relationships across the entire broadband ecosystem. Produced by NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, ITTA and Telecompetitor, BroadbandVision is assembling a broad cross section of telco, cable, utility/municipal, and wireless Internet service providers to introduce, discuss, and demonstrate best practices for broadband network monetization success.