Aerohive Announces Personalized Engagement Platform for Retailers
Aerohive Enables Retailers to Rapidly Prototype and Deploy Applications for Personalizing Customer Experiences Both Today and Tomorrow
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced its Personalized Engagement Platform vision for retailers. Built on Aerohive’s award-winning cloud architecture, the platform will enable retailers to rapidly deploy, test and adopt the latest apps for loyalty and customer engagement. Aerohive is also launching enhancements to its in-store Wi-Fi solutions that includes the ability to use social media logins for Wi-Fi access and PCI 3.0 reporting.
“Today, brick and mortar retailers need to provide a differentiated shopping experience to remain relevant and attract customers to visit stores”
- E-commerce has transformed the shopping experience, creating an expectation of relevant, personalized and seamless shopping. Today’s brick and mortar retailers are pursuing the same customer engagement models that online retailers have leveraged in order to successfully compete and remain relevant in a 21st century retail market.
- In the changing retail landscape, retailers are realizing that personalization builds relevance and relevance drives revenue. With the rise of mobile technologies, today’s retailers have a wealth of new tools at their disposal for implementing personalization, including customer behavior analytics, loyalty apps, mobile checkout and tailored coupons. In order to leverage these technologies, retailers need an infrastructure solution that will enable them to prototype and benefit from today’s applications as well as position them for tomorrow’s breakthroughs.
- Designed for the retail market, Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement Platform will allow physical retailers to lay the foundation for tailored customer experiences. The platform will enable retailers to build relevant relationships with customers, which they can subsequently monetize through repeat business and advocacy. Aerohive’s secure, scalable mobility platform connects all wireless devices in the retail store in a way that easily evolves with these retail trends.
- Personalization Builds Relevance: Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement Platform is designed to deliver incremental personalization via targeted engagement that increases in relevance throughout the customer lifecycle. Retailers gain a deeper understanding and can continually evolve their engagement with customers through the ability to create personalized offers, such as digital coupons to returning customers, real-time information about current sales, and location-aware loyalty apps, all delivered via customers’ mobile devices. Offering opt-in log-ins for Wi-Fi access, retailers can leverage in-store connectivity to build elegant and privacy-sensitive interactions with customers.
- Relevance Drives Revenue: By creating tailored customer experiences, retailers foster strong brand loyalty. This increased customer trust and loyalty lead to more repeat purchases and higher value per purchase, thereby monetizing the relationship. By weaving social media promotions into customer engagement, retailers can encourage these brand advocates to share experiences with friends, attracting new customers through their existing customer base.
- Along with the Personalized Engagement Platform, forward-looking retailers can also leverage Aerohive’s strategic partnerships with leading retail analytics provider Euclid and mobile device management provider AirWatch. The seamless integration of Aerohive’s solution and its partners’ solutions offers physical retailers the ability to optimize business operations, increase efficiency and better engage shoppers.
- In addition to its partnerships with Euclid and AirWatch, Aerohive offers a variety of integrations with leading vendors that empower the retail customer experience, with more partnerships to be launched this year.
- Aerohive’s latest release of software, available today, enables three key enhancements for the retail industry: Payment Card Industry (PCI) 3.0 compliance and security; a social log-in solution which will leverage consumers’ social media accounts for improved customer experience and personalization; and an integrated LTE “Branch on Demand” solution that allows retailers to quickly deploy a complete and secure network within hours. More information on these solutions can be found here.
- Aerohive’s Features & Benefits for the Retail Industry
- Aerohive Retail Case Studies
- Aerohive Retail Whitepaper
“Today, creating authentic, tailored and relevant customer relationships is an imperative for every brick-and-mortar retailer hoping to remain competitive,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive. “But executed incorrectly, personalization can also border on invasive if retailers aren’t cautious. What consumers want is a more nuanced engagement with brands they care about. However, this type of elegant, opt-in customer engagement isn’t possible without connectivity that can easily evolve and adapt to these needs. With our Personalized Engagement Platform, we provide retailers with the solid, low-risk connectivity foundation they need to weave personalization into their business strategies and turn customers into loyal brand advocates.”
“Today, brick and mortar retailers need to provide a differentiated shopping experience to remain relevant and attract customers to visit stores,” said Bob Laliberte, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “By leveraging mobile retail technologies and analytics, retailers have the potential to deliver an authentic, personalized engagement. One of the first steps required to implement an in store customer engagement strategy is to ensure flexible and robust Wi-Fi connectivity. Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement Platform will help retailers to create a foundation to build upon what is capable of taking the customer experience to the next level.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.