Research and Markets: World Offshore Wind Market Forecast 2013-2022 Research Report
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7cp5c/world_offshore) has announced the addition of the "World Offshore Wind Market Forecast 2013-2022" report to their offering.
Now in its fifth edition, the new World Offshore Wind Market Forecast provides a ten year view of the sector through to 2022.
The last five years saw global capital expenditure increase significantly, however this report predicts that over the next decade this spending will level off at approximately 15 billion per year. New global installations are expected to average just over 3,000MW per year during this period.
The increase in turbine capacity is considered to be one of the key factors for reducing the cost of energy, and European offshore wind developers will be specifying larger wind turbines with capacities of 5MW or greater. The size of the components for these future wind turbines will create unique challenges for installers, foundation designers and service providers.
As the industry seeks to reduce costs, a new generation of wind turbines designed around the unique requirements of the offshore environment are being rolled out with European project developers increasingly choosing to specify larger models with power outputs of 5 MW or more. The size of the components for these future wind turbines creates a unique set of challenges for installers, foundation designers and service providers.
A new manufacturing supply chain focused on the Northern European markets is slowly developing to meet demand with significant investments being made in aspects such as port infrastructure and foundation manufacturing capacity. At the same time, it will be crucial to leverage the experience and additional supply chain capacity from the offshore oil and gas sector.
The report provides detailed market forecasts through to 2022 and is essential reading for companies working within the offshore wind sector. The report focuses on:
- Key drivers - a discussion of factors driving offshore wind installation activity including low carbon targets, rising energy demand and the need to replace power generation capacity.
- Commercial insights - including analysis of cost pressures on capital, life-time costs, risk factors and typical financing models.
- Technology Review - analysis of R & D priority areas.
- Supply chain - a review of the main players, strengths & weaknesses of contracting strategies and supply chain development challenges.
- Ten-year market forecast - for new capacity, capital expenditures, operating expenditure, wind turbines, support structures, cabling, substations and vessels.
- Country analysis - detailed operational & capital expenditure forecast, including by capacity and segment analysis.
Key Topics Covered:
Summary and Conclusions
Drivers and Indicators
Offshore Wind Project Development
List of Figures and Tables:
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m7cp5c/world_offshore
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.