Clean Master Announces Top 10 Android Vampire Apps
Easy Tips to Avoid Your Smartphone Running out of Juice
BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KS Mobile, the innovative makers of the free Clean Master utility app for Android 2.1 and up, today announced its index of Top 10 Android Vampire Apps that drain the most battery on Android smartphones worldwide. This list is ranked based on the highest average frequency that apps trigger a warning to smartphone users about their own battery consumption levels.
“Eliminate the frustration of being left with a dead smartphone by practicing smart battery preservation on your Android and being selective about which apps you use.”
Camera app, Camera360 Ultimate, ranked #1 on the list for most battery consumption. Other apps across a variety of categories that made the list include Outlook.com, followed by EZ Weather Forecast & Widget, Viki: Free TV, Movies & News, Zello PTT Walkie-Talkie, Temple Run 2, imo free video calls and text, Racing Moto, Fruit Ninja, and Candy Crush Saga.
“We want to empower our users keep their smartphones operating smooth and efficient, that’s why we want them to know which apps they enjoy the most might be draining their battery life more than they know,” said Adam Morley, Product Manager of Clean Master. “Eliminate the frustration of being left with a dead smartphone by practicing smart battery preservation on your Android and being selective about which apps you use.”
|Ranks for Battery Consumption||Top 30 Battery Draining Apps for Android||Developer||App Category|
|3||EZ Weather Forecast & Widget||Weather|
|4||Viki: Free TV, Movies & News||Media|
|5||Zello PTT Walkie-Talkie||Messaging|
|6||Temple Run 2||Games|
|7||Imo free video calls and text||Messaging|
|10||Candy Crush Saga||Games|
To ensure smartphone users everywhere can get the most life out of their battery, Clean Master offers the following easy tips to preserve their device connectivity.
Clean Master Tips (Garlic) for Preserving Battery Life on Android Smartphones
- Disable automatic time zones/time and the clock manually otherwise your device wil constantly be requesting location/time data and its almost entirely unnecessary.
- Reduce the push frequency of email/weather/social media.
- Disable wi-fi/data while playing offline games which present ads, for many apps they will be unable to push you ads during gameplay without a connection.
- Try to charge the battery before it falls below 20%, it's not good to run them completely dry.
- Use the official chargers for your devices, an aftermarket charger may not charge at the correct voltage or have other deficiencies.
- Charging via a power outlet is often times much more effective than charging via USB.
- When you are done with an app try to actually shut it down instead of pushing it to run in the background.
- Try to avoid playing graphically intense games while charging.
- Try to run a full charge from around 20% to full at least once a month.
- Disable giving location based information to your apps unless necessary (i.e. Maps, Dating, etc.)
- Turn off your GPS whenever not needed.
- Reduce screen brightness.
- Avoid leaving your phone plugged in once fully charged.
Clean Master v4.2 is available for FREE download at Google Play.
Key Features of Clean Master for Android
- Junk Files Remover – Erase installed cache files easily with one tap. Save hundreds of megabytes and boost smartphone performance.
- Privacy – Wipe clean your search records, phone logs, text messages, PayPal information, etc. with ease.
- App Manager - Backup, uninstall, and/or move your apps to the SD card.
- Task Killer – Preserve battery life and RAM by closing applications.
Clean Master is built for Android 2.1 and up
About KS Mobile
KS Mobile provides a free cache cleaning application called Clean Master, which has over 100 million downloads on all global markets. Clean Master is also one of the highest rated free utility apps with a 4.7 rating (out of 5) from over five million reviews.