Reading International Appoints Director of Real Estate for Australia and New Zealand
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--James J. Cotter, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Reading International, Inc. (NASDAQ:RDI), is pleased to announce the appointment of Matthew Bourke to the position of Director of Real Estate for Reading’s Australia and New Zealand operations. Mr. Bourke brings more than eighteen years of hands-on Australia based real estate development experience to Reading and will be responsible for all of Reading’s real estate development activities and the management of its real estate assets in Australia and New Zealand.
“Reading is pleased to have Mr. Bourke join our executive team. We believe that he brings exactly the skill set necessary to help us build on and grow the asset base we have assembled in Australia and New Zealand”
Included among Reading’s development activities in these two countries are the expansion of its shopping centers in Sydney, Brisbane and Wellington. In addition, Mr. Bourke will be driving the value enhancement of Reading’s substantial land holdings, including its approximately 23 hectares (57 acres) of land in Australia and 29 hectares (72 acres) of land in New Zealand.
Mr. Bourke joins Reading after nearly six years as a senior executive with Watpac Limited, a leading national contractor and property development company employing more than 1,350 people across Australia and with total revenues of over AUS$1.6 Billion. There, Mr. Bourke led a property team focusing primarily on the delivery of mixed-use development projects and the management of its national commercial property portfolio.
“Reading is pleased to have Mr. Bourke join our executive team. We believe that he brings exactly the skill set necessary to help us build on and grow the asset base we have assembled in Australia and New Zealand,” Mr. Cotter said.
Mr. Bourke said: “I am happy to be given this opportunity to help Reading move to the next level as a significant real estate player in the Australia and New Zealand markets. Reading has assembled a fine portfolio of real estate assets and a fine group of talented people and has the resources to grow this portfolio. I look forward to assisting Reading in this endeavor.”
About Reading International, Inc.
Reading International (http://www.readingrdi.com) is in the business of owning and operating cinemas and developing, owning and operating real estate assets. Our business consists primarily of:
- the development, ownership and operation of multiplex cinemas in the United States, Australia and New Zealand; and
- the development, ownership, and operation of retail and commercial real estate in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, including entertainment-themed retail centers (“ETRC”) in Australia and New Zealand and live theater assets in Manhattan and Chicago in the United States.
Reading manages its worldwide business under various different brands:
in the United States, under the
- Reading brand (http://www.readingcinemasus.com);
- Angelika Film Center brand (http://www.angelikafilmcenter.com);
- Consolidated Theatres brand (http://www.consolidatedtheatres.com);
- City Cinemas brand (http://www.citycinemas.com);
- Beekman Theatre brand (http://www.beekmantheatre.com);
- The Paris Theatre brand (http://www.theparistheatre.com);
- Liberty Theatres brand (http://libertytheatresusa.com/); and
- Village East Cinema brand (http://villageeastcinema.com)
- in Australia, under the
in New Zealand, under the
- Reading brand (http://www.readingcinemas.co.nz);
- Rialto brand (http://www.rialto.co.nz);
- Reading Properties brand (http://readingproperties.co.nz);
- Courtenay Central brand (http://www.readingcourtenay.co.nz);
- Steer n’ Beer restaurant brand (http://steernbeer.co.nz); and
- Taupo Motel brand (http://www.sailstaupo.co.nz).