Edgewater Networks Extends Its Enterprise Session Border Controller Product Line with the EdgeMarc 7301
High Performance ESBC Is Ideally Suited For Medium And Large Enterprise Managed VoIP Services Deployments
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Edgewater Networks Inc. announced today that it has added to its high-end Enterprise Session Border Controller (ESBC) product line with the introduction of the EdgeMarc 7301. The EdgeMarc 7301 is the ideal solution for medium business, large enterprise and service provider’s offering managed services such as SIP trunking and hosted PBX. It has been specifically designed for converged VoIP and data applications that are being delivered over high capacity broadband access links.
“The EdgeMarc 7301 offers great price/performance and strengthens our EdgeMarc ESBC solution through its support of high capacity VoIP and data environments”
The EdgeMarc 7301 delivers superior performance for multiple simultaneous services including voice, voice quality monitoring, traffic management, high capacity data throughput and firewall. Supporting up to 1,000 concurrent calls and 8,000 registered devices, the EdgeMarc 7301 can be deployed in a redundant, high availability configuration. It delivers telecom service cost savings, comprehensive security, simplified management and enables reliable, business-class voice and data service delivery. It also supports IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and services.
Additional functionality that comes standard with the EdgeMarc 7301 includes
- Protocol mediation to ensure interoperability of SIP devices
- Traffic management for prioritization of voice over data traffic that ensures toll quality calls while allowing data traffic to burst up to full line rate when possible
- Voice-aware firewall that uses stateful packet inspection for data and tracks VoIP signaling states to dynamically open and close ports
- VoIP survivability so that VoIP calls can be processed and routed locally to the PSTN using external gateways during WAN link failures
- VoIP-aware network address translation that allows a single public IP address to be used for multiple IP phones or IADs (SIP)
- Continuous analysis and reporting for Voice Mean Opinion Score (MOS) for all sessions for quality assessment
“The EdgeMarc 7301 offers great price/performance and strengthens our EdgeMarc ESBC solution through its support of high capacity VoIP and data environments,” said David G. Norman, Chief Executive Officer of Edgewater Networks Inc.
For additional information on the EdgeMarc 7301, please contact us at email@example.com or by visiting our website at http://www.edgewaternetworks.com/products/edgemarc-enterprise-session-border-controller/key-features-and-benefits/7000-series.html.
About Edgewater Networks, Inc.
Edgewater Networks has more than 10 years of experience in providing managed services platforms for the delivery of IP-based voice, video and data services. More than 4 million Edgewater ESBC sessions are currently deployed by some of the largest service providers and enterprise organizations, including one of the two largest U.S. carriers and three of the top five U.S. cable operators. The company is developing a new patent-pending platform that employs recent advances in SDN and NFV to open new markets for service providers by allowing them to quickly and profitably deliver a new class of business services. To learn more about Edgewater Networks solutions please visit www.edgewaternetworks.com.