GHX Calls on Healthcare Industry to Nominate Impactful Supply Chain Leaders and Organizations for 13th Annual GHXcellence Awards
LOUISVILLE, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nominations are now open for three key GHXcellence awards, recognizing outstanding progress and leadership in advancing the healthcare supply chain. Nominations can now be submitted for:
“This is the healthcare community’s opportunity to nominate organizations that are leading the industry in supply chain innovation. We’re looking forward to honoring the provider and supplier organizations that are collaborating to improve processes, and using automation to drive significant savings, efficiency and accuracy.”
- The GHXcellence Industry Impact Award is designed to recognize one provider and one supplier organization that have had the greatest impact on the healthcare supply chain
- The GHXcellence Leadership Award honors an individual supply chain leader for his/her work in improving the business of healthcare
GHX customers can submit award nominations until Friday, March 14, through an online nomination form. Voting for the GHXcellence Industry Impact Awards will be opened to all members of the healthcare industry from March 21 – April 11. The GHX Healthcare Supply Chain Summit Advisory Board will choose the GHXcellence Leadership Award winner.
Winners of these and eight additional GHXcellence Awards will be announced at the 2014 Healthcare Supply Chain Summit, May 5-7, in Philadelphia. The remaining eight awards are based on quantifiable performance, with organizations judged on metrics around success in automating business processes, using criteria such as increase in electronic purchase orders, purchasing dollar volume, and the number of electronic trading partners. The awards include:
- Best 50 Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year: Small to Mid-sized Organization
- U.S. Healthcare Provider of the Year: Large Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Provider of the Year
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Small Organization
- U.S. Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Large Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Supplier of the Year
- European Union Healthcare Supplier of the Year
“Most important are the results GHXcellence Award winning organizations are driving and the best practice examples they’re setting. Looking at the performance of last year’s award winners, we’ve estimated an aggregated savings of $28 million for those organizations as they’ve improved their processes and extended their use of GHX solutions,” said Derek Smith, chief commercial officer for GHX. “This is the healthcare community’s opportunity to nominate organizations that are leading the industry in supply chain innovation. We’re looking forward to honoring the provider and supplier organizations that are collaborating to improve processes, and using automation to drive significant savings, efficiency and accuracy.”
Attendees of the 2014 Healthcare Supply Chain Summit will be able to recognize these leaders for their innovation, business performance and results, as the winners are revealed during the general session on Tuesday, May 6, 2014.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is driving costs out of healthcare by transforming the healthcare supply chain. Working with providers and suppliers, GHX is accelerating change by providing a faster, more efficient and collaborative supply chain that will take billions of dollars out of the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.