A.M. BestTV: The Week Ahead; NAPSLO Still Pressing Uniformity
OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this episode of A.M. BestTV, key officials at the National Association of Professional Surplus Offices (NAPSLO) discuss excess and surplus market trends, continuing implementation efforts on the Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA) and the benefits of that legislation's home state taxation approach. Brady Kelley, executive director of NAPSLO, said NRRA has made some dramatic improvements in how the surplus lines market operates from an efficiency standpoint, particularly on the tax allocation side, but that there are still some issues that persists from state to state. Thomas Mulligan, a member of the NAPSLO board of directors, said he believes there are still areas for improvement on the eligibility requirements for surplus lines companies. Richard Bouhan, also a member of the NAPSLO board of directors and a former longtime executive director, looks back on how the industry has evolved over the decades. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=napslo214 to view the video program.
People who appear in this episode include:
- Brady Kelly, Executive Director, National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices;
- Thomas Mulligan, President and CEO, Western World Insurance Group; National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices Board of Directors; and
- Richard Bouhan, Board of Directors Member; former Executive Director, National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Offices.
Additionally, this episode's "Week Ahead" takes a 60-second look at events coming up the week of Feb. 24, including conferences of note.
Recent episodes of A.M. BestTV include:
- Economy Fuels Portfolio Tweaks: Executives from Marsh USA and Pembroke Managing Agency/Ironshore discuss how insurers are seeing great potential for transactional risk insurance, a niche product that protects the buyers or sellers in a merger & acquisition deal: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=madeals2214
- Aon Risk Map Puts Brazil in Crosshairs: Al Tobin, national property practice leader at Aon Risk Solutions, discusses the company’s latest terror/political violence map. Tobin said that Japan, Mozambique, Bangladesh and Brazil, home of the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, saw increased risk scores: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=aonmap2214.
A.M. BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best Co. information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M. BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.