Micromedex® CareNotes® Enhancements Improve Workflow, Enhance Imagery and Streamline Medication Instructions to Deliver New Benefits for Patients and Clinicians
Enhancements to CareNotes save clinicians valuable time, enrich patient experience, and create actionable education to increase patient compliance
ANN ARBOR, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Truven Health Analytics™ today announced the release of enhancements to its Micromedex CareNotes, part of the Micromedex Patient Connect Suite. The enhancements feature workflow improvements to save clinicians time, enriched imagery to improve the patient experience, and a redesign of medication instructions to make educating and engaging patients even easier.
“Our patient health education and consumer health resources are designed to meet the educational needs of every type of patient, and every style of learning. That means providing patients with more than just a handout.”
Included in this CareNotes release:
- Simplified workflow that allows clinicians to quickly customize and package patient education handouts at the point of care.
- Simpler, actionable medication instructions designed to promote patient activation and support Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) initiatives.
- Enhanced imagery that complements and enriches education documents, and enhances patients’ understanding and comprehension of health topics that are difficult to explain.
“We all learn differently, including patients,” said Fiona McNaughton, director of product management at Truven Health Analytics. “Our patient health education and consumer health resources are designed to meet the educational needs of every type of patient, and every style of learning. That means providing patients with more than just a handout.”
McNaughton, who recently participated in an industry panel with the Scottsdale Institute on engaging clinicians and consumers through technology, will speak about patient education and engagement at the Mobile Health Knowledge Center at the Annual HIMSS 2014 conference. She will discuss how mobile patient education delivers access to health information, when and where your patients need it, and promotes engagement through interactive, actionable education. HIMSS attendees can see McNaughton speak at the Mobile Health Knowledge Center, kiosk #10, on Monday, February 24 at 5:00 PM.
Micromedex Patient Connect Suite is a complete, single-source solution that delivers evidence-based, comprehensive, consistent patient health education and consumer health engagement resources for every stage of care. The suite of products includes Micromedex CareNotes patient education and Consumer Health Education featuring SmartEngage™.
With Micromedex Patient Connect, hospitals can take patient engagement to the next level with functionality to:
- Promote patient engagement at every stage of care – from symptom checking to ongoing wellness – to improve outcomes
- Deliver high-quality, evidence-based health information including patient discharge instructions and medication instructions, to ensure your patients understand their conditions, medications and treatment
- Provide patient education in multiple formats including animations, videos, illustrations, and multiple languages to meet the learning needs of every patient and every learning style
- Give your patients access to the health information they need, when and where they need it – on their mobile device, via email, or your patient portal
- Improve patient satisfaction to boost HCAHPS scores
- Meet national quality initiatives and support meaningful use objectives to maximize incentives and reimbursements with CareNotes EHR-integration ready delivery options, available today for nearly any HIS vendor
To learn more about Micromedex CareNotes, visit www.micromedex.com, or call 800-525-9083, option 4 and ask to learn about CareNotes Patient Education solutions.
About Truven Health Analytics:
At Truven Health Analytics, we’re dedicated to delivering the answers our clients need to improve healthcare quality and access, and reduce costs. Our unmatched data assets, technology, analytic expertise, and comprehensive perspective have served the healthcare industry for more than 30 years. Every day our insights and solutions give hospitals and clinicians, employers and health plans, state and federal government, life sciences researchers, and policymakers the confidence they need to make the right decisions, right now, every time.
Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted brands in healthcare, such as Micromedex, ActionOI, 100 Top Hospitals, MarketScan, and Advantage Suite. Truven Health has its principal offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com.