Nearly $1.4 Million in Grants Awarded by Medica Foundation in 2013
MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Medica Foundation in 2013 made $1.4 million in grants to 93 nonprofit organizations throughout Medica’s service area, which includes Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and western Wisconsin.
“Each year, the Medica Foundation funds innovative activities that address health care costs and health outcomes as well as the underlying factors”
“Each year, the Medica Foundation funds innovative activities that address health care costs and health outcomes as well as the underlying factors,” said Rob Longendyke, executive director of the Medica Foundation. “We are pleased to partner with our 2013 grant recipients because we share their commitment to advance sustainable improvements in the availability, access and quality of health care.”
The funding priorities for the Medica Foundation in 2013 included community and statewide projects that address gaps in the following areas:
- Alzheimer’s Disease – supports ACT on Alzheimer’s - a statewide collaboration to prepare Minnesota for the impacts of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias and build community capacity to address health issues locally.
- Behavioral Health – supports programs that develop capabilities or change processes related to the continuum of behavioral health care service interventions, accessibility and sustainability.
- Early Childhood Health - supports programs that focus on healthy families to foster optimal growth and development of young children.
- General Health Improvement – supports community-based health initiatives.
- Healthy Lifestyles for People with Disabilities – supports programs that improve access to primary care for people with physical or developmental disabilities.
- Organizational Core Mission Support - provides small grants to support health-related programming for organizations in the regional and rural areas of Medica’s service area.
More information about grants in these areas is available on the Medica Foundation website.
About the Medica Foundation
The Medica Foundation is a nonprofit, charitable grant-making foundation. It is an affiliate of Medica Health Plans, a Minnesota-based nonprofit HMO. The Medica Foundation generally seeks to fund community-based programs and initiatives that can provide sustainable, measurable improvements in the availability, access and quality of healthcare. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 952/992-2060.
Medica is a health services company headquartered in Minneapolis and active in the Upper Midwest. With approximately 1.5 million members, the non-profit company provides health care coverage in the employer, individual, Medicaid, Medicare and Medicare Part D markets in Minnesota and a growing number of counties in North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Medica also offers national network coverage to employers who also have employees outside the Medica regional network.
Medica’s vision is to become the community’s health plan of choice, trusted for its integrity, respected for its service, and admired for its commitment to innovation and efficiency.