Research and Markets: A New Age for the Global Biometrics Market
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fspxgc/a_new_age_for_the) has announced the addition of the "A New Age for the Global Biometrics Market" report to their offering.
“A New Age for the Global Biometrics Market”
This market insight provides an overview of how the biometrics market landscape is evolving, shifting from traditional applications to emerging ones. The central focus examines biometrics mobility, specifically the use of biometrics in mobile payments. Further, industry convergence is leading to the growth of new technologies and applications. The research highlights key market drivers and restraints for mobile biometrics, market evolution, key implementations, and the latest releases of technologies related to biometrics for mobile payments. The study base year is 2013. The study does not contain revenue forecasts.
- Mobile biometrics solutions are expected to continue gaining prominence in the larger biometrics landscape, with innovation accelerating in smartphones, sensors, and cloud capabilities.
- Traditionally, governments have been the largest end-user group because of the technology's strong capability to verify and authenticate identities. Key applications include border control, national ID programmes, and election campaigns.
- The advancement of mobile devices and sensor technologies is currently generating a shift toward the consumerisation of biometrics.
- Mobile payments are one of the key areas in which biometric data will be used to replace traditional PINs* and passwords for increased security in user identification and verification. The mobile payment ecosystem using biometrics is in a nascent stage and likely to gain traction as standards develop.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Market Evolution
- Drivers and Restraints
- Global Implementations - Biometrics Market for Mobile Payment
- Target Market for Biometric Vendors
- Impact Assessment - Biometric Modality for Mobile Payment
- Mega Trends Shaping the Future of Biometrics
- Product Highlights
- The Frost & Sullivan Story
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fspxgc/a_new_age_for_the
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.