Seven Marine Introduces Two New Models and Adds Features to the 557 HP - the World’s Most Powerful Outboard Engine
GERMANTOWN, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After Seven Marine launched its unprecedented 557 hp outboard engine in 2011, the Germantown, Wis.-based company steadily increased market share in the global outboard engine segment. The 557 has taken off, growing Seven Marine’s monthly production targets and now the company is revealing the next steps: pushing luxury style and expanding an impressive product line and global footprint.
Getting up to 80 mph in 29 seconds on a 40’ Sea Hunter, or exceeding 70 mph with twin 557s on an Intrepid 375 are just a few of the performance features of the engine that redefined outboard power on the water. Seven Marine creates an experience that only the patented 557 can deliver, whether the target is enhanced luxury, refinement, artistic expression, or raw performance. “We partner with our customers beginning at the design inception and throughout the delivery, commissioning, and ownership. The goal is simple – provide an exceptional ownership experience driven by passion, luxury and performance. Our customers have enjoyed being a part of the entrepreneurial spirit that brings revolutionary products like the 557 to life,” stated Rick Davis, president and founder of Seven Marine.
Leveraging the proven lightweight, durable and reliable 557 platform, Seven Marine continues on its path of inspired market-leading product design with the announcement of two new models 557CR and the 557GT, unveiled at the 2014 Miami Boat Show.
Seven Marine 557CR
The 557CR is designed for larger yacht-caliber and sportfish-type outboard powered boats. This model utilizes dual prop contra-rotating technology. Seven Marine has combined proven efficiency, as delivered in inboard pod applications with outboard performance ease of use, service, and room in the boat. Never before has an outboard been capable of delivering this level of thrust to efficiently propel cruiser and luxury yacht-caliber boats.
For the customer:
- with an appetite for a larger, fully featured boat with room on the transom – the 557CR delivers.
- who demands a more elegant outboard experience than quad engines on the transom – the 557CR delivers.
- who desires cruise efficiency in the 30 to 45mph range – the 557CR delivers.
557CR Industry Firsts:
- A 6” diameter, heavy-duty gearcase – the industry’s largest outboard gears
- The largest diameter outboard props – up to two 19.5” contra-rotating propellers.
- The highest thrust-capacity outboard
- The first outboard designed to thrust a 20,000lb to 40,000lb
The 557CR delivers the premium yacht-caliber features with the power, propeller, thrust and style to match the demanding standards of increased performance and capability for larger boats.
Seven Marine 557GT:
The 557GT’s mission in life is simple – be the most beautiful and exotic outboard ever made. Seven designed this motor to provide refinement and performance with a luxurious twist. This is not a motor designed for Formula One racing; it is a GT. Smooth, fast, and powerful.
For the customer who wants:
- a full size center console boat designed to operate at speeds above 85mph
- to enjoy poker runs, go-fast fishing trips, or performance sunset cruises
- a truly exotic finish to their boat.
557CR Industry Firsts:
- A surface-inspired high speed twin pinion gear case for an outboard
- Custom carbon fiber accents on an out board package
- An outboard designed to deliver full size center console performance in excess of 90mph
The 557GT offers the supercharged 6.2L V8 LSA, an optional 20” midsection with factory integrated Latham steering. The 557GT motor is designed to deliver smooth acceleration and +100mph performance to center console and other performance outboard boats.
About Seven Marine
Headquartered in Mequon, WI, Seven Marine’s founders have more than 85 years of combined experience in marine engineering innovation and business management. Company President Rick Davis’ 40 years of marine technology and engineering accomplishments include innovations and industry firsts such as Mercury Optimax: Clean 2-cycle engines, Mercury Verado: Four-Stroke engines and Cummins-MerCruiser Diesel Zues: Inboard pod drive.
Seven Marine is committed to providing world-class outboard power to leading boat builders and discerning boat owners, delivered with unparalleled customer service and support. For information visit seven-marine.com, or 877-777-0330.