Research and Markets: The Insurance Industry in Macau, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017 Research Report
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ccrckf/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Macau, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
“The Insurance Industry in Macau, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017”
Macau is one of two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China. Its economy is predominantly dependent on tourism, gambling and manufacturing. However, the contribution of the financial services sector, including the insurance industry, is gradually increasing. The value of the Macanese insurance industry grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.8% during the review period (2008-2012), with life insurance as the largest segment.
The growth of the insurance industry is being driven by a growing aging population, with one of the highest life expectancy rates in the world, expanding casino-related development projects, and a favorable regulatory framework, including a wide range of compulsory insurance categories, such as motor third-party liability and professional liability insurance.
The country's high life expectancy rate, which is the second-highest in the world, contributed to the growth of the life segment during the review period. These factors are expected to remain important over the forecast period (2012-2017), driving growth in the insurance industry.
- The Macanese insurance industry grew at a CAGR of 11.8% during the review period, primarily supported by the life segment with an industry share of 69.4% in 2012, in terms of gross written premium
- Favorable demographics, including a rise in life expectancy and an increasing number of high net worth individuals (HNWIs), are expected to drive demand for insurance in Macau over the forecast period
- The expanding gambling industry, which generated revenues of MOP303.6 billion (US$38 billion) in 2012, is expected to create a number of opportunities for insurance in Macau
- The Macanese insurance industry is facing a shortage of skilled human resources
- There were 11 life and 12 non-life insurance providers licensed to conduct insurance business in Macau as of 2012, of which eight were domestic and 15 were branches of overseas companies
- The number of insurance providers declined from 24 in 2008 to 23 in 2012
Key Topics Covered:
Regional Market Dynamics
Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
Non-Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
Macanese Insurance Industry Overview
Governance, Risk and Compliance
American International Assurance Co. (B) Ltd
China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Ltd
Macau Life Insurance Company Ltd
Manulife (International) Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ccrckf/the_insurance
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.