Haldex Year-End Report 2013
STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Haldex exceeds the target with an operating margin of 7.2 % in 2013
Haldex Group, October – December 2013
· Sales amounted to SEK 908 m compared to SEK 864 m in the corresponding period last year. Adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations, sales increased 6% compared to the same period prior year.
· Operating income and operating margin excluding one-off items amounted to SEK 66 m (34) and 7.3% (3.9), respectively. Operating income and operating margin including one-off items amounted to SEK 53 m (28) and 5.9% (3.2) respectively.
· Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 12 m (-3). Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.26 (-0.05).
· Cash-flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 76 m (99), affected by restructuring of SEK 7 m (9).
· The Board of Directors propose a dividend of SEK 2.00 per share and a mandate for share buybacks with the intention of buybacks up to a value of SEK 100 m on an annual basis.
· Haldex establishes new R&D center in the UK – Relocates to Mira Technology Park.
· In Q4 restructuring costs of SEK 8 m was expensed related to actions in the UK, Germany and Hungary. Prolonged negotiations with the Works Council related to the restructuring of the German operation.
· Catharina Paulcén was appointed Senior Vice President Corporate Communications.
Key ratios, Haldex Group
|Amounts in SEK m||
Change Jan-Dec 2013/2012
Change Oct-Dec 2013/2012
|Operating margin, %1)||7.2||5.3||1.9||7.3||3.9||3.4|
|Operating margin, %||3.9||3.8||0.1||5.9||3.2||2.7|
|Return on cap. employed,% 1,2)||14.6||9.8||4.8||14.6||9.8||4.8|
|Return on cap. employed,% 2||7.8||7||0.8||7.8||7||0.8|
|Earnings after tax||38||54||-30%||12||-3||-|
|Earnings per share, SEK||0.8||1.12||-0.32||0.26||-0.05||0.31|
1) Excluding one-off items
2) Rolling 12 months
Comments from the President and CEO Bo Annvik:
“For the past 18 months we have had a large focus on improving earnings by lowering our cost base. I’m very pleased to see that we exceeded our target of 7% by reaching an operating margin of 7.2% for the full year 2013. In total we reached 3% sales growth in 2013 with a strong cash flow from operating activities of SEK 282 m. We are now moving from improving our operational excellence and financial performance towards focusing on profitable growth. Our strategic work will continue to be laid out in detail during the spring, and we plan to share further information about Haldex’ direction and updated financial targets in the early fall.”
This report has been prepared in accordance with the altered IAS 19 “Employee benefits”. The revised standard affects the Income statement (Financial net and Taxes), the Balance sheet (Equity, Pension liability and Deferred taxes) and Other Comprehensive Income. All comparison numbers have been restated according to the altered standard, including key figures. For further information please see Accounting principles.
Calendar reports 2014
|AGM:||Haldex, Landskrona, Sweden||April 29, 2014|
|Q1:||Interim report, January – March, 2014||April 29, 2014|
|Q2:||Half year report, January – June, 2014||July 18, 2014|
|Q3:||Interim report, January – September, 2014||November 5, 2014|
Annual general meeting
Haldex’ annual general meeting will be held on Tuesday 29 April at 16.00 CET, at Haldex, Instrumentgatan 15 in Landskrona, Sweden.
Invitation to press and analyst meeting:
Media and analysts are invited to a telephone conference at which the report will be presented with comments by Bo Annvik, President and CEO, and Andreas Ekberg, CFO. The presentation will also be webcasted live and you can participate with questions by telephone.
Date/Time: Friday, February 14, at 11:00 CET To join the telephone conference:
SE: +46 (0)8 505 564 74
UK: +44 203 364 5374
DK: +45 354 455 80
US: +1 855 753 2230
The presentation will be web casted live at: http://www.media-server.com/m/p/bz3j66sy
The webcast will also be available afterwards and you can download the Interim Report and the presentation from Haldex website: http://www.haldex.com/en/GLOBAL/Investors/Report-archive/Interim-Reports/
Haldex discloses the information in this Interim Report according to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Trading Act. The information was provided for public release at 8:30 CET on Friday, February 14, 2014.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com