Red Bull Global Rallycross Signs Multi-Year Deal With NBC
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Red Bull Global Rallycross is pleased to announce the launch of a multi-year partnership with NBC Sports Group, beginning with the 2014 season. In 2014, nine Red Bull Global Rallycross events will be broadcast on NBC, with rebroadcasts taking place on the NBCSN.
“This is a great step forward for Red Bull Global Rallycross”
“This is a great step forward for Red Bull Global Rallycross,” says series CEO, Colin Dyne. “Partnering with NBC will allow us to bring our events to millions of our existing fans, and welcome new fans as well. We look forward to delivering unparalleled, high-octane race action.”
The 2014 Red Bull Global Rallycross broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Top Gear Festival Barbados: Saturday, May 24 (tape delay), 1-2 PM ET, NBC
- X Games Austin: Saturday, June 7 (live), ESPN
- Washington, DC: Sunday, June 22 (live), 2-3 PM ET, NBC
- New York, NY: Sunday, July 20 (live), 2-3 PM ET, NBC
- Charlotte, NC: Saturday, July 26 (live), 2-3 PM ET, NBC
- Detroit, MI: Sunday, August 3 (live), 2-3:30 PM ET, NBC
- Daytona, FL: Saturday, August 23 (live), 3:30-4:30 PM ET, NBC
- Los Angeles, CA: Saturday, September 20 (live), 5-6 PM ET, NBC
- Seattle, WA: Sunday, September 28 (tape delay), 2:30-3:30 PM ET, NBC
- Las Vegas, NV: Sunday, November 16 (tape delay), 2-3 PM ET, NBC
Red Bull Global Rallycross is also grateful for its founding relationship with ESPN. The series looks forward to participating in this year’s X Games Austin, which will be broadcast on ESPN.
About Red Bull Global Rallycross
Designed to produce the fastest and most exciting racing in motorsports, Red Bull Global Rallycross pits small production-based cars against each other in door-to-door racing featuring dirt, asphalt, and tabletop jumps. With enhanced engineering and safety features, the cars produce 600 horsepower and can accelerate from 0-60 miles per hour in less than two seconds, and can also withstand 70-foot jumps and other vehicle contact.