Freescale Announces Robust Program, New Speakers for Freescale Technology Forum Americas April 8-11 2014
Embedded engineers to display their innovations with 400 hours of technical training and over 250 interactive demonstrations
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Freescale Semiconductor will host Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) Americas 2014 – one of the premier technical training events for the embedded design community – April 8-11, 2014, at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. Registration is now open.
“Freescale is passionate about helping to bring our customers’ innovations to life. That’s why we’re here”
What’s new for FTF Americas 2014:
Tuesday, April 8:
- The event kicks off with lecture sessions and hands-on-workshops designed to educate and inform engineers. The reception in the Technology Lab gives attendees an opportunity to view demonstrations and collaborate with ecosystem partners.
Wednesday, April 9:
- Freescale President and CEO Gregg Lowe is scheduled to deliver the opening keynote presentation. As a global leader in embedded processing solutions for the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets, Lowe will share Freescale’s vision for a world of connected intelligence.
Thursday, April 10:
- Freescale executives will expand on Freescale’s vision for the Internet of Things and how Freescale is enabling an array of devices to communicate with one another and the environment around them. Included in Thursday morning’s keynote schedule are Geoff Lees, SVP and GM of Microcontrollers, James Bates, SVP and GM of Analog and Sensors, Tom Deitrich, SVP and GM of Networking and Ritu Favre, SVP and GM of Radio Frequency.
Friday, April 11:
- American entrepreneur, serial inventor and creator of the Segway human transporter, Dean Kamen is scheduled to close the event. Kamen will discuss how he uses innovation and technology to help solve the world’s most challenging problems.
- FTF Americas 2014 will be held April 8-11, 2014 at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
- More than 2,000 attendees – including embedded engineers, industry experts, media representatives, executives and ecosystem partners – are expected to attend.
- The event will feature the biggest Technology Lab in FTF history, with 35,000 square feet of innovation to discover and more than 250 interactive demonstrations from Freescale and ecosystem partners.
Attendees will have the opportunity to experience over 200 lecture
sessions and 50 hands-on workshops focusing on everything from
automotive safety to the latest ZigBee solutions. Expected sessions
include topics such as:
- 5 Minutes to Steal a Car - Learn How Future Embedded Products Can Help to Prevent This
- Healthcare Implementations of Wearable Technology
- Small is the New Big: System-in-Package Solutions using Redistributed Chip Packaging (RCP)
“Freescale is passionate about helping to bring our customers’ innovations to life. That’s why we’re here,” said Gregg Lowe, president and chief executive officer at Freescale. “Since the inaugural event in 2005, The Freescale Technology Forums have become one of the leading technical training events for the global embedded design community and we couldn’t be more excited to share the future of our industry with our partners and customers this year.”
“[The last FTF I attended] was refreshingly forward looking,” said Michell Prunty, Semico Research. “One of the main benefits was being able to speak directly to designers and engineers on the floor as they scouted new technology demos. Since they aren't looking to sell you anything, it's a wonderful time to learn their thoughts about the market.”
Early Bird Rates end on March 15th.
Global FTF 2014 dates:
FTF Americas: April 8-11, 2014 in Dallas, Texas
FTF China: May 2014 in Shenzhen
FTF India: August 2014 in Bangalore
FTF Japan: October 2014 in Tokyo
TWEET THIS: Freescale is hosting @Freescale Technology Forum in Dallas, April 8-11 for the embedded community http://bit.ly/1lq2wN9 #FTF2014
Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) is a global leader in embedded processing solutions, providing industry leading products that are advancing the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. From microprocessors and microcontrollers to sensors, analog integrated circuits and connectivity – our technologies are the foundation for the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected. Some of our key applications and end-markets include automotive safety, hybrid and all-electric vehicles, next generation wireless infrastructure, smart energy management, portable medical devices, consumer appliances and smart mobile devices. The company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing and sales operations around the world. www.freescale.com
About the Freescale Technology Forum
Created to drive innovation and collaboration, the Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) features one of the most comprehensive embedded ecosystems in the industry. FTF features four days of in-depth training, hands-on workshops, demonstrations from Freescale and ecosystem partners and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with industry peers and visionaries. The forum has been enthusiastically received by the global developer community, drawing nearly 60,000 attendees worldwide since its inception in 2005. Our flagship event, FTF Americas, takes place April 8-11, 2014, in Dallas, Texas. Freescale™ and the Freescale logo are trademarks of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. Freescale is licensed by EPIC Technologies Inc. to make and sell packages that include EPIC's "Chips First" technology and other related patents. © Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. 2014.