Delphi to Highlight Automated Driving Technologies at 2014 International CES
A leader in integrating active safety and connectivity, Delphi will demonstrate how key systems come together to enable automated driving in Delphi’s CES booth #1230, North Hall, January 7-10
TROY, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As one of the few automotive suppliers that can deliver the extensive portfolio needed for tomorrow’s automated vehicles, Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) will showcase highly integrated active safety and connectivity technologies at the upcoming 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show. These technologies will be key building blocks to achieving fully automated driving.
“What sets Delphi apart from other suppliers is our ability to produce innovations in three areas that are critical to the automated driving experience: connected products, active safety products and electrical architecture. This is the new frontier in the automobile industry, and we’re uniquely positioned to lead the way.”
“The fact is, automated driving is happening now and will continue to expand in capabilities and mainstream use in the very near future,” said Jeff Owens, chief technology officer, Delphi Automotive. “What sets Delphi apart from other suppliers is our ability to produce innovations in three areas that are critical to the automated driving experience: connected products, active safety products and electrical architecture. This is the new frontier in the automobile industry, and we’re uniquely positioned to lead the way.”
Delphi will exhibit advanced technologies from each of these areas at CES including:
- Automated driving products such as 360 degree sensing, radar and vision fusion technology, cross traffic alert, collision avoidance and many other accident mitigation safety features
- Comprehensive connectivity that works seamlessly with popular smart phones. A combination of all key connectivity strategies to ensure consumers’ needs are met to enable built-in, brought-in and plug-n-play aftermarket solutions
- Core infotainment apps integrated into the entertainment system. Smart phones connected via Bluetooth and WiFi for the wireless data throughout the vehicle
- Voice recognition that delivers on-board natural language providing increased system accuracy and performance, in addition to a key word spotting feature
- Workload manager software and driver state sensor technology to monitor the driver’s attention and intelligently minimize activities when distractions are potentially high
- High resolution, reconfigurable displays for attractive styling and to allow for unique consumer customization
More than 3,200 exhibitors will showcase the latest in consumer electronics and services at the 2014 International CES in Las Vegas. The show will be held January 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a leading global supplier of technologies for the automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 32 countries, with regional headquarters in Bascharage, Luxembourg; Sao Paulo; Shanghai and Troy, Mich. Delphi delivers innovation for the real world with technologies that make cars and trucks smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. Visit www.delphi.com.