Minetec Introduces SMARTS™ II with Dynamic Real-time Scheduling, Improved Usability, 3D Graphics and Web Interface
PERTH, Australia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Minetec, a division of Codan Limited (ASX:CDA), has introduced SMARTS™ II, an enhanced version of the company’s flagship mine management and control system. SMARTS II brings an entirely new level of productivity to underground mining operations through improved 3D graphics and reporting capability, dynamic scheduling of real-time events, and easy-to-import mine planning formats.
“Minetec has improved the intelligence inherent in the SMARTS II modules to address the mining cycles for literally any mining method and associated scenarios”
“Minetec has improved the intelligence inherent in the SMARTS II modules to address the mining cycles for literally any mining method and associated scenarios,” said Andy Sheppard, executive general manager, Minetec. “The core of the SMARTS II system is an optimisation engine that interfaces to the recently released Trax+Tags™ II system as well as a unique scheduling and simulation interface. The efficiencies that result from a SMARTS II implementation result in a more accurate alignment between planned and actual scenarios, providing real time data from the face of the mine.”
SMARTS II provides a collection of intelligent software modules which can be utilised either independently or as an integrated mine management and control solution to give un-paralleled visualisation, control and optimization capabilities including:
- Resource shift schedule planning across complex multiple heading rapid developments,
- User or machine based physicals capture for production management and reporting,
- Interactive real-time shift optimisation based on simulation using actual machine and location data.
- Concurrent parallel simulations for comparative analysis of scenarios for bottleneck scheduling
- Full integration into the Minetec Trax+Tags for real-time machine and vehicle movement monitoring and status
- Web based interface provides system control from any location
By automating tasks that are typically handled manually, SMARTS II enhances efficiency, increases safety, reduces costs, and improves work quality in mining operations.
Minetec Pty Ltd, (Willetton, Western Australia), is part of the Codan Group of companies. Founded in 2000, Minetec has grown rapidly into a trusted technology provider delivering safety and productivity-based products to serve the critical needs and requirements of underground and surface mining operations. Minetec supports products through integrated project engineering, delivery and life cycle services and maintenance.