High-End Kid’s Apparel Maker Souris Mini Saves Thousands With FileMaker Solution Running on iPads and Desktops
Mobilizes key tasks and connects staff across 35 stores
SANTA CLARA, Calif. & QUEBEC CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Souris Mini is keeping pace with growth by creating its own custom business solution to connect and mobilize its global staff and to streamline back-end operations. Souris Mini designs, manufactures and distributes hip, colorful apparel for children up to age 10. The solution, which now serves 29 of the company’s boutiques in Canada and another six stores in the United Arab Emirates, was designed and built using FileMaker software that runs on iPads and desktops.
“We would have to pay our vendor thousands of dollars to have them develop these reports, yet with FileMaker, it’s quick and easy to do, at no cost other than a little of my time.”
On the manufacturing side, FileMaker manages the entire process, from the moment a garment is designed to its arrival at the warehouse. Using FileMaker Go for iPad, Souris Mini extended portions of its existing solution – including design imagery and manufacturing and sales data – to iPad users. The FileMaker solution also integrates with the company’s front-end retail software and its system for counting in-store traffic. Front- and back-end processes stay in step, and FileMaker is able to generate comprehensive reports on sales and store traffic.
The solution enables smarter decision-making, more insight into the business, and better matching of supply and demand by improving collaboration between field staff and management. The company also reports that the easy-to-use FileMaker software saves Souris Mini thousands of dollars annually in custom development fees for integrations and reports.
“FileMaker allows me to create solutions that are adapted specifically to our fast-growing business’s needs,” says Michel Paquet, IT Director for Souris Mini. “We would have to pay our vendor thousands of dollars to have them develop these reports, yet with FileMaker, it’s quick and easy to do, at no cost other than a little of my time.”
Five Ways FileMaker Helps Souris Mini
- Souris Mini can now analyze business results down to fine details such as sales by week and region, either on desktops or mobile devices.
- Store supervisors now fill out status reports using FileMaker Go for iPad, and management can immediately see the results on their desktops. This replaces emailed spreadsheets and word processing documents.
- Maintenance personnel use iPads to assign tasks and follow up on projects, including the ability to attach photos easily to a form in FileMaker Go.
- Data stays synchronized between mobile employees and management because iPad users can connect to the database server from wherever they are, via 3G or Wi-Fi networks.
- The company no longer has to waste money on trying to customize off-the-shelf solutions or connect the dots between piecemeal systems such as spreadsheets or word processing documents.
Read the full case study of Souris Mini here.
Learn why FileMaker software is the fast, cost-effective way to develop custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.
- Learn about tools and resources for creating custom FileMaker solutions on the “Made for FileMaker” page.
- Find other FileMaker iOS solutions stories from retail and manufacturing customers such as Vienna Benetton Mega Store, West Paw Design, and Santiki Trading Company.
- Find out more about how to create, deploy and manage custom business solutions for iOS with ease.
- Join FileMaker's Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad community on Facebook.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on the FileMaker Platform to manage, analyze and share essential information using iPads, iPhones, Windows, Mac and the web. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2013 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and FileMaker Go are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.