TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--We’ve upgraded our popular 4-inch active desktop monitor speaker, the DM-40, adding Bluetooth® wireless technology to offer versatile connectivity in the DM-40BT (black) and the DM-40BT-W (white).
The DM-40BT/DM-40BT-W active speakers create a versatile home set-up, producing a rich, balanced sound that’s ideal for producing and DJing. Drawing on our professional speaker technology, we’ve packed the compact speakers with Bluetooth® wireless technology, support for the high-quality Qualcomm® aptX™ audio codec, and AAC support.
The Groove Technology inherited from our highly-reputed active monitor speakers delivers a smooth bass response, while the DECO1 technology gives a wider sweet spot and allows clear audio quality and rich bass sound at the same time, despite the speakers’ compact desktop size.
The DM-40BT/DM-40BT-W active monitor speakers are available now at an MAP of $199 per pair.
Find out more about the DM-40BT/DM-40BT-W.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DM-40BT/DM-40BT-W SPEAKERS
1. Bluetooth® wireless technology, support
for Qualcomm® aptX™ high-quality sound reproduction and AAC
In addition to Bluetooth® technology, allowing you to play tracks from smartphones and tablets wirelessly, Qualcomm® aptX™ and AAC support lets you enjoy even higher quality sound reproduction.
2. Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves
for uninterrupted, rich bass
4-inch fibreglass woofers output bass from the front, and the bass ducts feature grooves to reduce air friction so you’ll feel a tight, punchy bass even if you put the speakers close to the wall.
3. Soft dome tweeters with convex diffusers
deliver a 3D, high frequency sound
We’ve fitted the ¾-inch soft dome tweeters with convex diffusers that use DECO technology from TAD2 Labs. The diffusers channel high frequencies left, right and up – so you’ll enjoy a wide sweet spot and 3D stereo sound wherever you sit or stand.
4. Class AB amp and time alignment ensure balance
across the frequencies
The tweeter and woofer are carefully positioned to eliminate crossover and ensure a well-balanced response across the frequencies, while a Class AB amp ensures perfect clarity with low distortion and no loss of quality.
5. Curved front edges reduce resonance for a clean
The cabinet’s curved front increases its rigidity and reduces external diffraction – as well as looking good in your home set-up.
6. Other features
- Volume control dial is on the front panel for ease of use
- RCA and stereo mini jack inputs
- Headphones output
1 Diffusion Effectual Convexity by Olson (DECO) is a TAD proprietary
technology for improved directionality.
2 Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD Labs) is a Pioneer sub-brand preferred by professional studios since 1978.
|Model||2-Way Active Speaker|
|Tweeter (HF driver)||3/4 inch (19 mm) soft dome|
|Woofer (LF driver)||4 inch (102 mm) cone|
|Amplifier output||Lch : 21 W/4 W, Class AB|
|Rch : 21 W/4 W, Class AB|
|Terminals||Input||RCA × 1, 3.5 mm stereo mini plug × 1|
|Output||Headphone × 1|
|Version||Bluetooth® Specification Ver. 4.2|
|Output||Bluetooth® Specification Class 2|
|Supported Codec||SBC, AAC, Qualcomm® aptX™, Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency|
|Frequency response||70 Hz – 30 kHz|
|Input impedance||10 kΩ|
|Power consumption||35 W|
|Power consumption when waiting (standby status)||0.3 W|
(W x D x H)
|Lch||146 mm x 223 mm x 227 mm|
|Rch||146 mm x 210 mm x 227 mm|
Power cord x 1
Audio converter cable (3.5 mm stereo mini plug to RCA) x 1
Speaker cord x 1
Bottom cushion x 8
* Disclaimer: specifications and price are subject to change.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer DJ Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
* Qualcomm® aptX audio is a product of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd.
* Qualcomm® is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries, used with permission.
* aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries, used with permission.
About Pioneer DJ
Pioneer DJ Americas, Inc. is the subsidiary of Pioneer DJ Corporation responsible for sales and marketing in North, Central, and South America. For more than 20 years, Pioneer DJ has been a market leader in the design and production of innovative DJ equipment and software. The company works closely with DJs and clubs to deliver next generation products that inspire and shape the global dance music community and has recently launched a new range of musical instruments for production and live performances. Its portfolio includes brands such as TORAIZ, Pioneer Professional Audio and Pioneer DJ Radio, as well as social platforms KUVO and DJsounds. Pioneer DJ Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. The company is led by Chairman Yoshiaki Ide, and CEO and President Akio Moriwaki.
USA Social Media:
- Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJUSA
- Instagram at instagram.com/PioneerDJUSA
- Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
- YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal