SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics America Inc., a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, will highlight embedded innovation that is enabling companies to accelerate their next “BIG IDEAS” to market at Arm® TechCon, which takes place October 24-26, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Advances in connectivity and cloud-based technologies, evolving security requirements for internet-of-things (IoT) applications, and changes in how users are interacting with their connected devices at the “edge” – these are creating new opportunities as well as challenges for IoT design. At booth #207, Renesas will showcase RZ microprocessor (MPU)-based solutions for applications ranging from smart kitchen appliances to the Industrial IoT (IIoT) to healthcare supply chain management. Renesas will also exhibit chip-to-cloud and IoT security approaches with its Renesas Synergy™ Platform.
Mark Schaeffer, Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Cybersecurity, will join representatives from Secure Thingz, Arm IAR Systems, and Semiconductor Engineering to address how best to enable OEM’s to protect their solutions, and support life cycle management in the panel “Ensuring Your Supply Chain of Trust – Whose Problem is It?”
- When: Wednesday, October 25, 3:30-4:20 pm
- Where: Ballroom G
Schaeffer and Kaushal Vora, Global Segment Lead for Healthcare, will also discuss the need for layered security, and end-to-end product lifecycle security in their technical session, “A Platform Approach to Securing Your Medical Devices.”
- When: Thursday, October 26, 3:30-4:20 pm
- Where: Ballroom H
Wil Florentino, Industrial Automation Segment Specialist, will explore different considerations in leveraging a real-time industrial gateway for the IIoT in his technical presentation, “Build Your Own Industrial IoT Use Case with a Real-Time IIoT Gateway.”
- When: Thursday, October 26, 2:30-3:20 pm
- Where: Ballroom B
Renesas Electronics Corporation will share insights on solutions and techniques that allow IoT system developers to take their smart solutions from prototype to market quickly and effectively.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Embedded
Vision: AI and machine vision are changing the way that
consumers operate their everyday devices, offering increased
predictive capabilities and customized experiences. Renesas will:
- Highlight AI capabilities for the home with a smart refrigerator proof of concept demonstrating embedded vision, implemented in a real-world device through convolutional neural networks running on a powerful Renesas RZ/G MPU.
- Demonstrate the power of camera-based vision solutions, based on the RZ/A MPU Series, for applications requiring facial and body recognition, including age, gender, and expression parameters.
Human-Machine Interface (HMI):
HMI advancements enable users to interact with their environment in
new ways, contributing to enhanced user experiences, increased safety,
and greater efficiency. Renesas will:
- Demonstrate the use of high-performance RZ/A- and RZ/G-based HMI solutions to create a smartphone-like application interface for smart ovens, and to drive multi-stream video compression/ decompression with Qt graphics for video streaming/door phone surveillance applications.
- Share insights on using Executive-in-Place (XIP) Linux to jump start full HMI applications.
Secure Connectivity from Chip-to-Cloud:
With more devices coming online at the edge, security plays an
increasingly critical role in successful IoT design. Renesas will:
- Highlight secure connectivity from the chip to the cloud with its Synergy Enterprise Cloud Toolbox, which allows users to quickly connect to their major cloud service provider of choice, using embedded code as a starting point to create uniquely differentiated IoT applications.
- Demonstrate platform security with the Synergy Security Toolbox, providing resources for developers who know they need security but may not know where to start.
- Showcase a partner-enabled secure supply chain of trust programming method that can easily be integrated into the embedded software development process.
Real-Time Gateways for Secure IIoT:
A true industrial plant environment comprises of multiple layers of
networks – from IT networks to what is commonly called as the OT
networks. These real-time, closed loop networks provide the essence of
the factory data. Yet, current IoT gateways focus on IT data models
and do not consider the data access of dedicated control machine
systems. Renesas will:
- Showcase the new RZ/N MPU real-time gateway processor that partitions the real-time domain to handle the leading industrial protocols for control, and bridge this to on-premise and cloud infrastructure for deeper analytics.
- Demonstrate a secure, real-time, end-to-end gateway solution communicating as an OPC UA server that can be connected to any OPC UA Client, or to a cloud interface.
Smart Supply Chain Management for Healthcare:
IoT technology is reshaping the healthcare ecosystem, particularly
for markets like in-transit medication management, where regulatory
compliance is critical. Renesas will:
- Demonstrate a reference solution for in-transit medication management that improves visibility into supply chains to support compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA), and allows data logger manufactures to achieve quick time to market.
Integrated Voice and Data Communications for
Smart Buildings: - Using existing direct current
(DC) power line “lanes” for communication reduces wiring costs in
office buildings, however, data traffic collisions can be a challenge
for bi-directional power line communications (PLC). Renesas will:
- Demonstrate the new voice-over PLC solution featuring collision avoidance functions to provide priority control to devices performing voice transmissions and avoid potential collisions.
For more information on Renesas, follow Renesas Electronics America at @RenesasAmerica on Twitter and http://www.facebook.com/RenesasAmerica.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at http://am.renesas.com.
(Remarks) Renesas Synergy is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.