This full-day course takes delegates through the process required to develop a realistic succession plan to enable the business to deliver results consistently, even when key staff leave.
A realistic succession plan will identify who is capable of being an emergency stand in and how & from where the permanent replacement will be sourced.
A realistic succession plan is only one part of the jigsaw and adds value to the business if it is part of an integrated range of initiatives put in place to gain and retain talented people for the business.
This course looks at how to recruit and retain people, plus how to identify the skills and competencies required by the business now and in the future.
From knowing those who have reached their potential (solid performers), those out of their depth (underperformers) and those who are promotable now or in the future (key talent) we a can create a simple and realistic succession plan.
Delegates will be able to develop a simple succession plan based upon their knowledge of their own business (with the names changed to protect the guilty!)
Benefits of Attending:
- Reduce the risk to the business and avoid leaving future supply of high performing managers to chance
- Be able to shortlist quickly for important job vacancies and make good quality senior management appointments internally ( and externally)
- Manage change effectively through knowing the stock of talent in the organisation
- Broaden the experience of employees with potential in their early and mid-career with development activity focused on the knowledge skills and behaviours most critical to business success
- Commence the development of a succession plan linked to own organisation
- Coffee & Course Objectives
- Introduction to succession planning - tips for success
- Identifying & measuring the Knowledge Skills & Behaviours linked to your company success
- Recruiting for success & succession - the criterion problem and how to solve it
- Developing & retaining key talent
- Developing a succession plan - Case study
- Developing a succession plan - based upon your own business
- Summary & Action Plans Agreed
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xkf6xw/succession