BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--iboss, provider of the first and only distributed gateway platform, announced today the findings of its Security in a Remote Access World report. The survey of large U.S. enterprises found that CEO, CIO, CISO, and CTO respondents were vastly more confident in their organizations’ ability to secure mobile traffic than subordinate IT executives. The disparity shows that many technology leaders in large enterprises are making strategic decisions based on an incomplete view of the threats targeting their networks.
While organizations are becoming increasingly distributed with more remote offices and mobile workers, most respondents are not confident they could protect workers outside of headquarters. Along with the rise in remote and mobile employees, respondents expect an increase in bandwidth demands over the next three years, but continue to invest in legacy infrastructure like on-premises web gateways that aren't capable of efficiently handling the increased demand.
The results of the survey show that the rapid growth of mobile employees and distribution of the enterprise are putting immense strain on large enterprises. While most respondents understand the problem, they have not identified a solution and aren’t prepared to protect remote employees. The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform was purpose-built to solve the challenges facing distributed organizations by delivering the same level of security found at headquarters directly to remote and mobile users.
- 43% of business-to-business (B2B) IT executives were not confident they could secure their organization’s overall IT systems against malware and other cybersecurity threats in the future
- 56% of CIOs, CISOs, and CTOs were not confident they could secure mobile traffic compared to 80% of subordinate IT executives
- 74% of respondents expect bandwidth demands to grow above 10 Gbps by 2020
- 32% of respondents cite the cost of more security appliances as their top concern while planning for bandwidth increases
- 71% plan to increase VPN capacity to combat growing bandwidth requirements
- 67% will continue investing in on-premises appliances
“The findings of the survey show two things in stark contrast to each other: large enterprise organizations know that bandwidth demands are increasing, yet they continue to invest in legacy infrastructure that is not sustainable,” said Paul Martini, CEO and co-founder, iboss. “It’s time for organizations to tackle this problem head on and investigate solutions that are scalable to grow along with their bandwidth demands.”
- Download the full report here
- Read Paul Martini's blog post: How Prepared are IT Execs for a Remote-Access World? here
iboss has created the first and only Distributed Gateway Platform specifically designed to solve the challenge of securing distributed organizations. Built for the cloud, iboss leverages an elastic, node-based architecture that provides advanced security for today’s decentralized organizations and scales to meet the ever-increasing bandwidth needs of tomorrow. The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform is backed by more than 100 patents and patents pending, protecting over 4,000 organizations worldwide and making iboss one of the fastest growing cybersecurity companies in the world. To learn more, visit www.iboss.com.