STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Gartner, Inc. announced today the winners of the Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms. The Customer Choice Awards are a ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals, taking into account both the number of end-user reviews, and the overall user ratings.
The BI and analytics platform market includes platforms that can be rapidly implemented, either by business users who need to find insights, or by IT leaders who want to build analytics content to meet business requirements. Business users are driving the need for new capabilities by demanding access to analysis and insights from advanced analytics, while IT wants to deliver on this demand from business users for data discovery capabilities, but without sacrificing governance.
Alteryx is the Gold Award winner of the 2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards in BI and Analytics platforms, followed by Tableau with the Silver Award, and Domo with the Bronze (see Table 1). More information on the award winners is available at https://gartner.com/reviews/customer-choice-awards/business-intelligence-analytics-platforms.
"In interpreting reviews, it's difficult for IT professionals to balance the number of reviews for a company versus a company's overall rating. The Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards are designed to help end users navigate these issues to make better purchase decisions," said Ken Davis, executive vice president of Products and Services at Gartner. "We work hard to ensure that all of the reviews are submitted by an IT professional or business user who has had experience purchasing, implementing, and/or using the enterprise solution they are reviewing — free from conflicts of interest."
2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Award Winners in Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
Source: Gartner (October 2017)
About Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards
Awards are given to vendors based on these criteria:
- The vendor must have at least one product designated by Gartner's research analysts as relevant to the market.
- The vendor must have at least 50 reviews published in that market during the submission period. Submission period is defined as 12 months prior to the award eligibility cut-off date.
- Vendor-incentivized reviews will not be counted for award eligibility and will not be included in the score calculation.
- Published reviews must pass Gartner's validation, conflict of interest and moderation processes.
Gold, silver, and bronze awards will be given to the top three vendors
based on an algorithmic score that meets these criteria:
- Maximum 75 percent of the deployments reported by reviewers from non-North America regions
- Maximum 75 percent of reviews from one industry
- Maximum 50 percent of reviews from non-Enterprise end users. (Enterprise defined as >$50 million U.S. dollars)
- Vendors that qualify for the award but don’t meet above criteria may still be eligible for an honorable mention for their focus.
The identification of a Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Award winner or honorable mention is not an endorsement by Gartner of any vendor, product or service. For more information on the Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews-pages/peer-insights-customer-choice-awards/.
About Gartner Peer Insights
Gartner Peer Insights transforms the way enterprise software is bought and sold by creating another source of trusted information in the software buying process. Gartner's review platform is a place for all IT buyers to find advice they can trust from fellow IT professionals. Gartner Peer Insights includes more than 40,000 verified reviews in more than 190 markets. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews/home.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.