This is a fully CPD Accredited Medical Administration Course. On successful completion, CPD Certification is awarded. The course aims to develop rounded a skill set and practical capability to work efficiently with Medical Admin in a hospital, health centre or other related health organisation. The course is delivered by an experienced Medical trainer, who is a Doctor, and an Admin skills trainer. The training is highly practical and interactive, as it aims to develop real confidence and abilities within the workplace.
To provide an insight into the functions of a medical administrator, the structure and use of terminology and the meanings of abbreviations related thereto. To assist in the building of confidence in dealing with patients, preforming a wide range of administrative functions in a medical environment, preparing letters and reports and in recording data in respect of medical phrases.
- Certification on completion of the course
- CPD Accreditation to build your CV
- A wide range of technical skills for a career in Medical Administration
- IT skills for Administrative jobs and certification in each program
- Job skills and confidence to build a successful career
There are two modules; one in Medical Terminology and one in Administration.
Medical Terminology Module
- Outline of the role of a medical administrator/secretary and identify areas where the role differs from other secretarial jobs.
- Interpret the meanings of a variety of medical terms by breaking words down into component parts, suffixes and prefixes.
- Understand the structure of medical words.
- Expanding some common abbreviations.
- Feel more confident in communicating with patients, preparing letters and reports and in recording data
- The structure of an organisation
- Duties of a Admin and the job role
- Health and Safety in the office
- Emails and email management
- Briefing of Office, Secretarial and Admin function
- The purpose of the Office
- Structure of Departments and Organisational structures
- Mail management
- Stationery - Stock Control
- Telephone etiquette and procedure
- Client care skills
- CV and Career Advice
- Touch Typing
- Microsoft Word plus 1 other Microsoft Programme
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fr7xmx/medical