DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Petroleum Coke Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends, Regional Analysis and Forecast period 2017-2023" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
High demand for petroleum coke has been witnessed in Asia Pacific region over the past few years owing to developing economies such as China and India. Petroleum coke is also called as petcoke. It is a solid carbon material obtained as a byproduct in the oil refineries. Majorly, it comprises of carbon along with traces of sulfur and heavy metals. Crude oil when refined is processed into petrol, diesel, naphtha, fuel oil, kerosene and residue crude. Further a process known as coking is carried out to produce petcoke.
Currently, more than 100 refineries produce petcoke across the globe. Fuel grade coke and calcined coke are the two major types of petroleum coke available in the market. Major applications of fuel grade coke are found in power plants and cement kilns owing to high calorific value and less cost. Calcined coke is used to manufacture titanium oxide and find applications in various industries such as aluminum, bricks, fertilizer, glass and steel.
Increasing investments, high electricity demand and growing population are some of the key drivers of the petroleum coke market in the Asia pacific region. In China, majority of the petroleum coke is used in power plants to generate electricity whereas in India petcoke is used as fuel in cement industry. Petcoke is an internationally traded raw material and is boosting the growth of emerging economies.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive summary
3. Global Petroleum Coke Market Overview
5. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis - Product, by Volume and Revenue, 2017-2023 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
6. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis - End-Use, by Volume and Revenue, 2017-2023 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
7. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis, Regional Analysis by Volume and Revenue, 2017-2023 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
8. Company profiles
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Saudi Arabian Oil Co.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- HPCL - Mittal Energy Limited
- Valero Energy Corporation
- Chevron Corporation
- BP Plc
- Essar Oil Ltd.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- ExxonMobil Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/smxcfz/petroleum_coke