PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WorkSource Oregon, Oregon’s statewide organization dedicated to stimulating job growth and supporting Oregon job seekers, announced the launch of Train Oregon earlier this year, a free program offering over 7,000 online skills training courses to WorkSource customers.
With over 40 locations and thousands of Oregonians seeking help with job searches and professional development, WorkSource Oregon was looking for a way to provide necessary skills training in a scalable, cost-effective way. The result was a partnership with OpenSesame, a Portland-based technology company with the world’s largest library of elearning courses, to develop Train Oregon, a public online portal for job seekers. Working together with Worksystems, OpenSesame built a customized, integrated elearning platform accessible to any job seeker who registers through WorkSource Oregon.
“People are comfortable with and accepting of online learning in general, and OpenSesame allows our organization to reach a much larger number of job seekers than we could in any other manner,” says Andrew McGough, Executive Director of Worksystems and Member of the Oregon Workforce Partnership.
“WorkSource Oregon’s user base needs a diverse selection of skills training delivered to them in a flexible format,” says Don Spear, CEO of OpenSesame. “We are pleased that through Train Oregon, Worksource Oregon users can now use a simple, single portal to quickly and easily access the training they need to prepare themselves for new jobs, anytime, anywhere.”
Once registered with a WorkSource Oregon office, an Oregon jobseeker gains unlimited access to Train Oregon and its course catalog of topics such as business, technology, safety, compliance, certifications, and industry-specific, such as healthcare and technology. “Train Oregon is jumpstarting my job search. I’m gaining the confidence and the skills I need to be a competitive candidate,” says Michele Jolie, current Oregon jobseeker. “I love that I can proceed through the courses at my own pace and on my own schedule. I feel fortunate that Oregon has such a beneficial program available to its residents.”
Visit www.trainoregon.org to learn more or visit a local WorkSource Oregon office to register for Train Oregon.
OpenSesame is the trusted provider of on-demand elearning courses for the enterprise. Serving Global 2000 companies, OpenSesame delivers:
- The most flexible buying options to maximize your budget
- The broadest catalog with 20,000+ courses from the world's leading publishers, updated constantly
- Compatible with every Learning Management System (LMS)
- For more information, visit www.OpenSesame.com
About the Oregon Workforce Partnership, Worksystems, and WorkSource
- The Oregon Workforce Partnership is a non-partisan, private/public, statewide association. The mission is to build a more highly skilled workforce to support and expand the state’s economy. The members, Oregon’s nine Local Workforce Development Boards and agency partners, invest their resources to better align economic, education and training systems based on the needs of our businesses and communities.
- Worksystems is the Workforce Development Board for the City of Portland, Multnomah and Washington counties. Worksystems is a non-profit agency that accelerates economic growth by pursuing and investing resources to improve the quality of the workforce.
- WorkSource Oregon is a statewide network of public and private partners linked by the common goal of stimulating job growth by providing a highly skilled, job-ready and well-educated workforce. WorkSource centers are designed to provide a full range of assistance to job seekers under one roof, such as training referrals, career counseling, job listings, and similar employment-related services.