The utilities industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the world. The term utilities refers to electricity, natural gas, water and sewerage services consumed by the public, hospitals, schools and other institutions, agriculture, factories and commercial establishments. In some countries these services are provided commercially by national, state or municipal governments or by cooperatives; in many, however, they are provided by the private sector.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the utilities market in 2016, accounting for around 39% market share. This was mainly due to presence to a large number of households and industries in Asian countries such as China, India and Japan.
Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for around 2.5% market share. This was due to small market size, unfavorable national policies, political influence on pricing and lack of political support for renewables.
One of the major trends shaping the utilities market include energy storage in batteries. Electric power generation companies are increasingly using batteries to store solar energy during daylight hours. These energy-storage sites consist of large lithium-ion batteries. These batteries store enough energy to serve as a back-up in case of fuel shortages. They are designed to absorb solar power and feed it back to the grid. These systems minimize the need for capital intensive power generation plants, thereby enhancing transmission and distribution efficiencies and thus reduce operational costs.
- Markets Covered: Generation, Transmission, And Distribution, Natural Gas Distribution, Water and Sewage Crude Oil & Natural Gas and Drilling Oil and Gas Wells
- Geographic scope: Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- AGL Resources
- Duke Energy
- GE Water Technologies Inc.
- Integrys Energy
- MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
- National Grid
- NV Energy Inc. Merger
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- Southern Company
- Suez S.A.
- TECO Energy
- Wisconsin Energy
- lectricit de France
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/chdm9s/utilities_market