This analysis includes a discussion of products, competitors, market forecasts, and opportunities in the global market for biopsy devices.
Topics Covered Include:
- An overview of biopsy devices, including biopsy guidance systems, needle-based biopsy products, and other biopsy devices (biopsy forceps, curettes, and shave/punch biopsy products).
- Global and country/region-specific market forecasts, including forecasts by product segment.
- Competitive analyses by product segment.
- Discussion of key drivers and limiters to the biopsy devices market.
- Country and region-specific insights that are shaping the biopsy devices market.
- Biopsy devices are most commonly utilized in the diagnosis of cancer. The global incidence of cancer continues to increase, driving sales of biopsy devices.
- Biopsy guidance system sales are expected to account for the largest share of total market sales, while the needle-based biopsy devices segment will register the largest growth.
- The market for biopsy devices is anticipated to experience healthy growth during the forecast period (2016-21), increasing to an estimated $2.3bn by 2021.
- Sophisticated biopsy devices are driving market growth. Biopsy guidance systems and vacuum-assisted biopsy devices are anticipated to remain major contributors to total market growth due to these devices improving the quality of tissue samples acquired and reducing procedure times and patient complications.
- The US market for biopsy devices accounted for approximately 48% of all sales, followed by the five major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK).
- The strongest growth in biopsy product sales is expected to occur in the Rest of the World market segment, which is being driven by demand for more sophisticated healthcare services in emerging markets.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Cancer Statistics Update
1.1 Cancer prevalence and mortality
2. Biopsy Devices and Biopsy Guidance System
2.1 Core needle biopsy
2.2 Fine needle aspiration biopsy
2.3 Vacuum-assisted biopsy
2.4 Endoscopic biops
2.5 Open/surgical biopsy
2.6 Bone and bone marrow biopsy
2.7 Other types of biopsy products
2.8 Biopsy guidance systems
2.9 Emerging products/technologies
3. Biopsy Products Market
3.1 Global competitors
3.1.1 Biopsy guidance systems competitive analysis
3.1.2 Needle-based biopsy products competitive analysis
3.2 Market forecast: US
3.2.1 Biopsy guidance systems market: US
3.2.2 Needle-based biopsy products market: US
3.3 Market forecast: five major EU markets
3.3.1 Biopsy guidance systems market: five major EU markets
3.3.2 Needle-based biopsy products market: five major EU markets
3.4 Market forecast: Japan
3.4.1 Biopsy guidance systems market: Japan
3.4.2 Needle-based biopsy products market: Japan
3.4.3 Other biopsy products market: Japan
3.5 Market forecast: RoW
3.5.1 Biopsy guidance systems market: RoW
3.5.2 Needle-based biopsy products market: RoW
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5cbmhw/biopsy_devices