SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Strava introduces Gym and Studio Sync, the newest integration that lets athletes share all their workouts in one place; discover new gyms, studios and fitness routines; and get credit and social motivation for everything they do. New partnerships with leaders in the gym, fitness and boutique studio categories make it easy to share a variety of new activities and stay motivated on Strava. Athletes can currently log 31 different activities on Strava, including a range of sports such as running, cycling, skiing, rowing and rock climbing, among others. Strava’s Gym and Studio Sync program expands the social network even further into a place where athletes can house more of their entire athletic lives.
Learn more about Gym and Studio Sync here.
Strava’s newest partners include:
- Flywheel Sports, a leading boutique fitness brand that provides results-driven indoor cycling and barre class at 42 studios across the United States. As part of the integration, athletes can track and share class stats to their digital profile on Strava. Flywheel cycling classes shared to Strava feature class name, time, distance, average speed and Flywheel’s proprietary Power Score metric. For a limited time, Flywheel will offer Strava members three classes for $36 at any of its U.S. studios. Learn more here.
- Life Time, a chain of 127 fitness centers in 27 states in the U.S. and Canada. Athletes can share three types of indoor cycling workouts to Strava: the EDG, AMP, and PWR classes offered at Life Time’s locations across the U.S. Life Time classes shared to Strava include a variety of performance stats, including distance, time, weighted average power, average speed, max speed, total work, training load and intensity. Learn more here.
- LiveRowing, a mobile app for the Concept2 rowing machine. After completing a guided LiveRowing workout in the comfort of their home or local gym, athletes can upload their workout directly to Strava, which includes total distance, time, average pace per 500m and stroke rate. Learn more here.
- Expresso, a brand of indoor bikes spanning 3,000 gyms and universities that allow athletes to take indoor cycling classes on their own terms. Riders can share studio cycling, road cycling and high intensity interval training (HIIT) gaming workouts directly to Strava. Learn more here.
- Fitbod, an app that provides personalized strength training workouts to over 200,000 subscribers. Fitbod workouts shared to Strava will include the muscle groups targeted, exercises performed, total calories burned and total pounds lifted. For a limited time, athletes who connect their Fitbod account to Strava will receive 14% off Fitbod Elite. Learn more here.
“Sports and exercise are integral to the lives of Strava community members, with 76% of them doing activities beyond running or cycling more than 3 times per week. We want to make it easier for them to share all of those workouts on Strava,” says James Quarles, Strava CEO. “Whether you’re sweating inside or outdoors, it’s more fun and motivating when you share your progress with a community who is also active. Plus, uploading these new partner experiences enables you and your friends and followers to discover new ways to work out.”
“At Flywheel, we are fueled by our community of performance-focused athletes; those who are engaged, connected and empowered to challenge themselves and others,” says Flywheel CEO Sarah Robb O’Hagan. “We are thrilled to partner with a like-minded brand like Strava to bring our integrated offering to athletes everywhere and enable them to achieve more of their fitness goals.”
Strava makes it easy to connect and engage with other athletes. Strava works with more than 100 GPS devices and a host of connected fitness platforms such as gyms, studios and apps. Download Strava for iOS or Android and upgrade to Strava Premium to access advanced features. To learn more about Strava, visit www.strava.com.
Strava is the social network for athletes. Our mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day. All athletes belong on Strava, no matter where they live, which sport they love or what device they use. Join the community at strava.com.
Our favorite stats:
- 16 activities uploaded every second, 11 million every week
- 100+ compatible mobile phones and GPS devices
- 130+ employees, most in San Francisco with more in Hanover and Bristol
- 1,100+ professional athletes are on Strava
- 1 million athletes join every 40 days
- 1.3 billion kudos given between athletes last year
- $7.99 a month to make the most of your sport with Premium, or $59.99 a year
- 100+ cites making commuting better with Strava Metro
About Flywheel Sports:
Flywheel Sports, Inc., a leading boutique fitness brand, provides results-driven classes at 42 studios across the United States. Established in 2010 in New York’s Flatiron District, Flywheel offers a high-intensity indoor cycling experience in a welcoming and energetic atmosphere. Each studio features a stadium-style format with unique leaderboards that add a fun, competitive element to every class. Additionally, proprietary technology and metric-based training enables riders to set personal goals, track progress over time, and experience effective and efficient training. Many studios also feature FlyBarre, a total body workout that integrates light weights and core strengthening exercises. With 22 locations nationwide, FlyBarre offers the perfect complement to Flywheel’s indoor cycling cardio experience. A private, equity-backed company, Flywheel employs more than 1,200 fitness professionals.
About Life Time
Life Time® is a privately held, comprehensive healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment lifestyle company that offers a personalized and scientific approach to long-term health and wellness. Through its portfolio of distinctive resort-like destinations, athletic events and corporate health services, the Healthy Way of Life Company helps members achieve their goals everyday with the support of a team of dedicated professionals and an array of proprietary health assessments. As of June 8, 2017 the company operates 127 centers in 27 states and 35 major markets under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada.
Most Life Time centers include an expansive selection of premium amenities and services in a resort-like setting. Amenities include indoor and outdoor swimming pools, basketball and racquet courts, personal training and group fitness programming, child centers, cafes and spas.
LiveRowing is an app for the Concept2 Indoor Rowing machine which allows users to track, analyze and compete. This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning indoor rowers, to the highly fit athlete looking for competitive and engaging workouts. LiveRowing offers thousands of free custom built workouts from leading athletes and organizations. LiveRowing connects you to a global community of indoor rowers in one social environment. You can now easily program complex workouts, create your own custom workouts, share them, and compete with users around the world.
The Expresso GO line of exercise bikes combines studio cycling, road racing, and high intensity gaming in one beautiful machine. The fully-immersive 26.5 inch touchscreen will leave you breathless. The state-of-the-art handlebars turn left and right, driving your workout experience on screen. The breakthrough magnetic resistance drive simulates the terrain with incredible accuracy. Forget about riding inside. Nothing is closer to the real thing than the all new Expresso GO. Expresso bikes can be found in over 3,000 premium fitness facilities around the world. Last year Expresso riders logged over 10 million workouts.
Fitbod equips gym-goers with a deeply personalized workout plan, allowing you to maximize the use of indoor gym equipment and practice effective strength-training. Using machine learning, Fitbod analyzes your tracked workout data to build a real-time strength-training plan tailored to your physical capability, available equipment and fitness goals. By turning activity data into a concrete fitness guidance, Fitbod innovates beyond current fitness apps, which offer fixed exercise plans that can’t adapt to unique user needs. Today, Fitbod users perform over 1 million exercises per month from Fitbod’s personalized workout plans.
For more information or to download the app, please visit https://www.fitbod.me/