DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Wafer Cleaning Equipment Market by Equipment Type, Application, Wafer Size, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The wafer cleaning equipment market was valued at USD 3.25 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 5.03 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2016 and 2022
The key driving factors for the growth of the market include rise in conventional applications of MEMS and expansion in number of cleaning steps in wafer manufacturing industry. On the other hand, the environmental concerns related to hazardous chemicals and gases generated during wafer cleaning process are restraining the wafer cleaning equipment market.
Wafer cleaning equipment is used widely in the micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) manufacturing industry. During handling and processing of wafers for manufacturing MEMS, many inorganic and organic impurities implanted to its surface which is to be cleaned thoroughly. To clean these impurities and contaminations wafer cleaning equipment are used before and after the manufacturing process.
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022, owing to the increasing number of fabrication plants has increased the demand for wafer cleaning equipment in this region. The emergence of new technologies in Asia-Pacific has increased the demand for innovative and user-friendly smart devices. Taiwan, Japan, China, and South Korea hold a significant share of the wafer cleaning equipment market in the APAC region.
- Rise in Conventional Applications of Micro-Electromechanical Systems
- Expansion in the Number of Cleaning Steps in the Wafer Manufacturing Industry
- Environmental Concerns Related to Hazardous Chemicals and Gases Generated During Wafer Cleaning Process
- Increasing Demand for Silicon-Based Sensors in IoT
- Increasing Demand for Wafers in 3D Structure
- Increasing Complexities Related to Miniaturized Structures of Circuits
- Concerns About Compatible Materials and Toxic Chemicals Emitted During Wafer Cleaning
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- Entegris, Inc.
- Lam Research Corporation
- Modutek Corporation
- PVA Tepla AG
- Screen Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Semes Co., Ltd.
- Shibaura Mechatronics Corporation
- Tokyo Electron Limited
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6l8lq4/wafer_cleaning