AVON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--While the VSTD market has seen modest growth since 2012, many of those reporting growth figures indicated the line had double-digit growth in 2016. Most of the increase was fueled by employer interest in switching from traditional employer-paid plans as well as improvement in electronic enrollment capabilities that better educate employees on the product and continued broker interest in selling the product. To remain competitive, however, many carriers recognize the need to develop products with richer benefits and higher GI maximums—both of which can put pressure on long-term profitability.
The Voluntary Short-Term Disability Products Spotlight™ Report gives carriers a current view of the voluntary short-term disability market overall and profiles key players selling the product. Following are a few findings from the report:
- Many carriers are looking to differentiate their VSTD product by offering unique benefits and additional riders.
- Group VSTD sales continue to be fueled by takeovers cases, while individual and hybrid VSTD products are sold mostly in virgin cases.
- Guaranteed issue underwriting is expected and “the norm” for the VSTD market.
This year’s report includes data from 21 carriers representing 25 different VSTD products. The report includes:
- General market and carrier information
- Detailed product features and benefits
- Underwriting guidelines
- Rates and premium structure
- Commission and compensation
- Current VSTD trends and challenges
The report is now available for purchase for $3,000. For more information or to order, call today at (860) 676-9633 or email us at email@example.com.
Eastbridge Consulting Group, Inc. is a marketing advisory firm serving insurance and financial services organizations in the United States and Canada.