TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the ICT solutions and international communications business within the NTT Group (TOKYO:9432), announced today the global launch of its Enterprise Cloud WebRTC Platform (ECL WebRTC), a service enabling the same-day deployment of online real-time communication functions such as voice & video communications and data transmission capabilities on smartphones, tablets and web applications.
The ECL WebRTC platform offers the following benefits:
- Software Development Kits (SDKs), offering video, voice and data transmission capabilities; the service will deliver four kinds of SDKs compatible with web browsers, iOS, Android or IoT.
- By equipping applications and websites with ECL WebRTC, customers can quickly deploy real-time communication functions such as multi-person video & voice conferencing, as well as data transmission.
- NTT Com supplies and operates all server infrastructure required for WebRTC; customers can focus on their own service development and delivery.
- The service will be made available to enterprises via a subscription plan providing full technical support and a Service Level Agreement offering 99.99% availability; start-up enterprises and developers can sign up online for free-of-charge plans offering limited capacity usage (please see the Appendix for more information).
ECL WebRTC is an NTT Com service that operates servers required for the use of Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) capabilities, the standardized technology to realize real-time communication, and that provides software development kit (SDK). WebRTC is a technology that allows web browsers and iOS, Android or IoT devices to send and receive real-time media, demand for which has been driven by the increase in remote working, teleconferencing and distance learning, as well as the growth of online call centers and online translation. In 2013 NTT Com launched SkyWay, Japan’s first WebRTC platform, now used by approximately 5,000 developers, 8,000 applications and 300,000 users. To meet the evolving needs of the marketplace, NTT Com has now launched ECL WebRTC, a fully-fledged commercial service based on the technologies used in SkyWay.
Enterprise Cloud WebRTC Platform Official Site
NTT Communications to Release Trial of SkyWay WebRTC Platform with
TURN Feature (press release on January 27, 2015):
NTT Communications Offers World’s 1st Speech-Recognition API for
Multiple Browsers at No Charge (press release on July 28, 2015):
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and
cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology
(ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the
company’s worldwide infrastructure, including the leading global tier-1
IP network, the Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching 196
countries/regions, and 140 secure data centers worldwide. NTT
Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group
companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Com | Facebook@NTT Com | LinkedIn@NTT Com
Functions of ECL WebRTC (SDK/Server API)
Server API: Signaling, STUN, TURN, SFU (optional services)
Signaling: exchanges information including IP address and port numbers required for connection between devices.
STUN: obtains global IP address and port numbers of the device.
TURN: enables the use of WebRTC in network environments where P2P communication cannot be used, such as enterprise networks, via data relaying.
SFU: A type of media server that distributes data received from one device to other devices and enables communication between a greater number of people. SFU reduces encoding load on the device and bandwidth, as well as the quantity of sent data when communication is with more than three people.
IoT SDK β version: SDK for developing Linux/Raspberry Pi applications.
|Fee-Liable Plans||Free of Charge Plans|
|Price||Basic||2.480JPY per min, with an upper limit of 100,000 JPY per month*||-|
Free of charge for up to one million events, 100,000 JPY thereafter
|TURN/SFU||40 JPY/GB per one In/Out||-|
|Limit of use||Number of times of Signaling||-||Up to 500,000 times per month|
|Amount of TURN||-||500GB per month|
|Amount of SFU||-||500GB per month|
|Support||Ticket support and developers’ community||Developers’ community only|
* The basic fee will be charged for each tenant. Customers can make more than one API key for WebRTC in each tenant.