SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--McAfee today launched its newest consumer security lineup with additional features designed to better address the threats today’s connected users face. Building on the recently announced next-generation anti-malware engine, McAfee’s core security suite – which includes McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection and McAfee LiveSafe – now delivers even more efficient and effective protection from digital threats as the engine’s cloud-based behavioral analytics and machine learning capabilities expand.
Additionally, McAfee is advancing its capabilities to deliver on the vision of protecting what matters most to its customers in three key areas: connected devices in the home, online safety for kids, and online privacy. In the wake of recent consumer breaches, these new innovations now available within McAfee Secure Home Platform, McAfee Safe Family and McAfee Safe Connect are needed more than ever to help protect consumers.
Savvy cybercriminals continue to seek new ways to intercept consumers’ sensitive data for their personal gain. Per the McAfee Labs Threat Report: June 2017, total ransomware has grown 59% in the past four quarters to 9.6 million samples, and total mobile malware has grown 79% in the same time to 16.7 million samples. This rise underscores the need for consumers to use security solutions that keep pace with the latest threats including protection from zero-day malware and ransomware.
“People intuitively know they need security software to help keep them safe online, but for them to install and keep it activated, it must work well without adversely impacting device performance,” said John Giamatteo, executive vice president, consumer business group, McAfee. “McAfee’s vision is to protect everything that matters to consumers with solutions that go beyond traditional anti-virus protection for PCs and mobile devices. With our expanded lineup, we’re delivering security solutions that meets the needs of today’s digital lifestyle.”
Key features and enhancements include:
- Better Anti-Malware Protection: McAfee continues to invest in its next generation anti-malware engine, delivering improved protection while maximizing on device performance, based on recent AV-Test and AV Comparatives evaluations, both on the PC and mobile*. The engine’s detection abilities, including protection against zero-day malware, continues to improve as the engine connects more endpoints and the cloud-based machine learning defends against attacks.
- Redesigned User Interface: This year’s lineup features a fully redesigned interface that is consistent on both Windows and Mac-based computers and provides users with security reports aimed at educating and informing about the latest threats and personalized recommendations on how to optimize their protection. Additionally, the download time is shorter due to a reduction in software size.
- Enhanced Wi-Fi Security: Allows users to connect with confidence on Wi-Fi networks by indicating those which are safe and those that should be avoided
- Ransomware Removal: McAfee Mobile Security will kill the process of a ransom app in the background as soon as it is detected, then it alerts the user to remove the app
Through the years, McAfee has continued to innovate in the consumer security space. In the past, security was primarily limited to anti-virus software on the PC, which was the main attack surface. Today, in addition to cross-device security products, McAfee’s expanded offering helps consumers protect what is most important to them. For some people, this means protecting connected devices in their homes, for others, it's ensuring children are protected from unsuitable online content and still others prioritize solutions that deliver privacy when on the go.
- McAfee Secure Home Platform: Helps protect connected devices, including Internet of Things devices and appliances, on a user’s home network from a variety of threats that can occur at the point of connection into the home. Delivers flexible security features such as device blocking and parental controls that can be managed from an easy-to-use mobile app with real time notifications. More information here.
- McAfee Safe Family: Helps parents protect their kids from exposure to inappropriate digital content by providing app and web usage monitoring capabilities, time controls on devices and apps, location monitoring and more. More information here.
- McAfee Safe Connect: Allows users to securely connect to the internet through bank-grade encryption, helping protect them against attempts to capture sensitive information. More information here.
With a robust offering and customer-centric approach, McAfee continues to deliver on its commitment to helping consumers connect with confidence. For pricing, availability and more information on the consumer product lineup, visit www.mcafee.com/consumer.
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place. www.mcafee.com
McAfee, the McAfee logo, and McAfee LiveSafe, are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
* AV-Test reports: PC Security: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/juni-2017/mcafee-internet-security-19.0-172264/;
AV Comparatives report: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/avc_per_201705_en.pdf