ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SolAmerica Energy announced today that it has successfully completed seven new solar projects, totaling 4.6 megawatts (MW) AC, across several communities in south Georgia. These ground-mounted projects, with panels manufactured by Hanwha and REC, were developed and constructed to participate in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative. Georgia Power will purchase the power and the renewable energy credits generated by the projects under long-term agreements.
SolAmerica president, George Mori, stated, “We are excited to complete this latest round of projects with the Georgia Power team. These distributed solar assets will continue to deliver benefits to our landowner partners and their local communities for many years, while supplying energy to Georgia Power customers.” Mori added, “For these reasons, we are big believers in the value chain of distributed solar generation.”
The completed projects include:
- Baldwin County Solar Farm I in Milledgeville, GA: 1 MW DC / 769 kW AC
- Baldwin County Solar Farm II in Milledgeville, GA: 1 MW DC / 769 kW AC
- Brooks County Solar Farm in Quitman, GA: 1 MW DC / 769 kW AC
- Evans County Solar Farm in Claxton, GA: 500 kW DC / 385 kW AC
- Macon County Solar Farm in Oglethorpe, GA: 1 MW DC / 769 kW AC
- Randolph County Solar Farm in Shellman, GA: 500 kW DC / 385 kW AC
- Troup County Solar Farm in LaGrange, GA: 1 MW DC / 769 kW AC
For more information on this news release, please contact Scott Garrett at 770-826-7366 or email@example.com.
About SolAmerica Energy—www.SolAmericaEnergy.com
SolAmerica Energy develops, finances, and constructs commercial and utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, SolAmerica Energy has built solar projects for many of the leading companies in the Southeast and has developed projects for nationally recognized investors and owner-operators.