CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive® is proud to present the State of the Science Summit™ on Gastrointestinal (GI) Malignancies at the Hilton Minneapolis in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Sept. 20, 2017, from 5:30 to 9 p.m. The summit, which will serve as an update from the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) meeting, held September 8-12 in Madrid, Spain, will be co-chaired by oncology experts from Mayo Clinic, Axel Grothey, M.D., Oncologist, Mayo Clinic; and Timothy Larson, M.D., internist, clinical informaticist, nephrologist, Mayo Clinic.
This three-and-a-half-hour long educational summit will focus on the emerging treatments and cancer care strategies for metastatic colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, gastric cancer and discuss precision medicine in GI cancer. Additionally, attendees will receive a brief recap of the topics discussed at ESMO. The symposium will conclude with a robust panel discussion featuring the following oncology experts:
- Steven Alberts, M.D., professor of oncology in the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic; medical director for the clinical research office in the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center; co-chair for the pancreatic cancer subcommittee of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology.
- Tanios Bekaii-Saab, M.D., co-leader, gastrointestinal cancer program, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center; senior associate consultant, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic
- Mark Truty, M.D., M.S., general surgeon, assistant professor of surgery, institutional principal investigator on clinical trials, Mayo Clinic.
- Harry Yoon, MD, consultant, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology associate professor of oncology, Mayo Clinic.
- Robert R. McWilliams, MD, consultant, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, vice chair, Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, associate professor of Oncology, Mayo Clinic.
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss the current treatment options, the summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and healthcare professionals across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management™ and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.