ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wright Flood:
- Nation’s largest servicer of FEMA’s NFIP reports thousands of claims already filed from Hurricane Harvey.
- Teams of adjusters are on the ground in Texas and Louisiana visiting homes and businesses and, in many situations, Wright Flood is processing payments to policy holders. More than $14M in advance payments have already been made to help insured customers begin rebuilding their lives.
- Preparations are also underway ahead of Hurricane Irma for adjusters to react quickly to claims when the storm hits the United States.
- Policyholders can open a claim in several ways, including by text message. Additional resources have been brought in to respond to claims still coming in from Hurricane Harvey.
New: Open Flood Claim By Text:
- Text CLAIM to 727-777-7066
- You can utilize either your policy number or property address.
- Respond via text to six questions
- Receive a confirmation response via text with additional tips. Your adjuster will be in touch.
- Within 24 hours you will receive a return text with your claim number included.
New: Additional Phone Numbers* To Report Claims:
- Dial **FLOOD or **35663
- Follow prompt #4 “Report a new claim”
For use with cell phones only. Verizon’s VoLTE users may not have this access.
About Wright Flood: Wright Flood writes more federal flood policies in the state of Texas and Louisiana than any other flood provider. Wright Flood provides federal flood insurance, excess flood coverage, private flood coverage and leading industry expertise, earning an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best. As the largest provider of federal flood insurance in the U.S., Wright Flood takes pride in user-friendly technology, exceptional claims reputation and providing the service clients deserve. Agents and policyholders may visit us at www.wrightflood.com.