NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wells Fargo Securities’ Global Research, Economics & Strategy division, part of the institutional capital markets business of Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC), continues to gain momentum by investing in world-class talent and has earned top rankings in the nation’s most competitive industry surveys.
In the last two years, Wells Fargo Securities’ Global Research, Economics & Strategy division has aggressively invested in key sectors, adding 14 independent industry leaders:
- Jim Birchenough, Biotechnology
- Ike Boruchow, Retailing & Specialty Softlines
- Stephen East, Homebuilding
- Don Fandetti, Specialty Finance
- Vipul Jain, Residential Mortgage Backed Securities
- Ed Kelly, Food/Staples Retail
- Anthony Leung, Investment Grade Credit (Asia)
- David Maris, Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Mike Mayo, U.S. Large-Cap Banks
- Aaron Rakers, IT Hardware & Networking Equipment (joining October 10, 2017)
- Mike Schumacher, Global Rate Strategy
- Ken Sena, Internet
- Matt Troy, Transportation
- Phil Winslow, Software
“We are committed to recruiting top-ranked talent with deep knowledge of their industries,” said Diane Schumaker-Krieg, global head of Research, Economics & Strategy for Wells Fargo Securities. “We have made more investments in research in the past 18 months than ever before. While changes in regulations are causing many of our competitors to retrench, Wells Fargo Securities is laser-focused on providing clients with best in class content.”
Investments in the platform have contributed to many high-profile accolades, including a recent No. 1 ranking for the Equity Research team by Thomson Reuters in their 2017 Analyst Awards. Wells Fargo Securities earned 21 Analyst Awards, the highest among the 161 firms surveyed this year. These awards evaluate analysts based on the returns of their buy/sell recommendations and the accuracy of their earnings estimates.
- Institutional Investor (II) recently ranked Wells Fargo Securities the No. 1 Investment Grade Research team for the sixth year in a row.
- The Collateralized Loan Obligations team has been ranked No. 1 on II for five consecutive years.
- Smith’s Research & Gradings has ranked Wells Fargo Securities the No. 1 Municipal Bond Research Team for the past four years.
“Wells Fargo Securities’ research analysts, strategists and economists are exceptionally well positioned to deliver differentiated insights on a myriad of companies, sectors and the broader economy. Our ongoing investment in talent and technology will allow us to continue producing cutting-edge, award-winning analysis that is most valued by our clients,” said Schumaker-Krieg.
About Wells Fargo Securities
Wells Fargo Securities delivers a comprehensive set of capital markets and advisory products and services, including public debt and equity origination and distribution, investment research, interest rate, commodity and equity risk hedging, mergers and acquisitions advice, prime services, structured lending facilities, foreign exchange services, and municipal bond origination. Wells Fargo Securities consists of nearly 5,000 team members in more than 40 offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 271,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.