The global meter market is driven by large deployments of smart meters, huge and almost complete for the first round in China, quickening in Europe, starting in the rest of Asia but slowing down in the United States. Japan and Korea are at the forefront of the Smart Grid and the Smart City.
Several big countries go large on prepayment metering. Prepayment meters (PPM) provide a solution to the chronic problems of low income budgeting and energy theft in the developing world; the Indian sub-content, sub-Saharan Africa and South America. In some African countries only 50% of electricity generated is paid for; half is not even billed to the distribution companies and another half is stolen by the consumers. Advanced PPMs are delivering with smart metering.
There is still a large demand for basic meters in the many countries which are not yet going smart. This report covers all segments of the meter market; residential basic and smart, prepayment, AMR & AMI, C&I and Grid.
The reason for a decline in the global market for meters in 2021 is that several of the largest deployments of smart meters are scheduled for completion in 2020 and currently it looks as if this will be achieved, notably in France and Spain. The largest rollout in the world, in China, is nearing completion and the replacement cycle is starting.
Global demand for meters has followed a cyclical pattern for the last one hundred years determined by economic and demographic growth. This is being turned on its head in some countries with fast national smart deployments. The pattern will change totally but we can still project the future demand cycle, with the same methodology and different inputs.
Key Topics Covered:
2. The Electricity Meter Market
3. Market Drivers
4. Cyber Security and The Smart Grid
5. The Market For Electricity Meters in Europe
6. The Market For Electricity Meters in The CIS
7. The Market For Electricity Meters in the Middle East & Africa
8. The Market For Electricity Meters in Asia Pacific
9. The Electricity Meter Market in China
10. The Market For Electricity Meters in North America
11. The Market For Electricity Meters in South America
12. The Market For Electricity Meters in Central America & Caribbean
13. Meter Vendors and Market Shares
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9dsthk/electricity