DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Chromatography Resin Market in Drug Discovery by Type (Natural, Synthetic, Inorganic Media), Technique (Ion Exchange, Affinity, Hydrophobic Interaction, Size Exclusion, Multi-Modal), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The global market for chromatography resin in drug discovery is projected to grow from USD 290.7 million in 2017 to USD 401.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.65% from 2017 to 2022.
Factors such as the growing demand for therapeutic antibodies and rising R&D in biopharmaceuticals are expected to drive the market. The key constraint for the growth of this market is the lack of adequately skilled professionals.
The ion exchange segment is expected to account for the largest share of the chromatography resin market in drug discovery, in terms of volume. This high share can be attributed to the increasing demand for this technique in the pharmaceutical industry owing to the increasing need for efficient separation methods.
The synthetic polymer segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The demand for synthetic polymers is expected to be driven by their use in ion exchange chromatography. Polystyrene divinylbenzene is the most commonly used synthetic polymer, which is being increasingly used in ion exchange applications because of its better performance in comparison to natural polymer. Industrial-scale purification of biopharmaceuticals and quantitative and qualitative analysis of drugs are the key application areas of chromatography resin.
- Increasing Demand for Therapeutic Antibodies
- Increasing R&D in Biopharmaceuticals
- High Cost of Affinity Resin
- Lack of Adequate Skilled Professionals
- High Growth of Biopharmaceutical R&D Activity in Asia-Pacific
- Growing Demand for Disposable Pre-Packed Columns
- Agilent Technologies
- Avantor Performance Materials, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Biotoolomics Ltd.
- Chemra GmbH
- Concise Separations
- Cube Biotech
- Eichrom Technologies Inc.
- Finex OY
- GE Healthcare
- Genscript Biotech Corporation
- JSR Life Sciences
- Merck KGaA
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Ningbo Zhengguang Resin Co., Ltd
- Pall Corporation
- Purolite Corporation
- Repligen Corporation
- Sepragen Corporation
- Sterogene Bioseparations Inc.
- Sunresin New Materials Co. Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7ls6ck/chromatography