DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Ocular Drug Delivery: Market Overview, Delivery Technologies, and Partnering Opportunities" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
It is an exciting time in the field of ocular drug delivery, with a number of innovative delivery systems showing promise.
The market is currently dominated by topical products such as drops and ointments which are inefficient and can be difficult to administer properly.
Injectable formulations are available to a lesser extent and can be associated with serious side effects and require administration by a medical professional.
Fortunately there are a record number of companies developing improved ocular delivery systems which provide benefits such as sustained release, accurate dosing, and ease of administration.
These companies range from emerging start-ups with preclinical projects to established specialty companies with late-stage pipeline products. Collectively, these companies have more than 70 novel ocular formulations and products in various stages of development for indications such as glaucoma, uveitis, macular degeneration, and dry eye disease.
- Overview and prevalence data
- Marketed therapeutics by indication
Age-related macular degeneration
- Macular edema
- Diabetic retinopathy
Ophthalmic Market Overview
- Sales of top ten ophthalmic products, 2015-2016
- Key players by revenue
- Key players with drug delivery-enabled products
Ocular Drug Delivery Landscape
- Non-invasive and invasive delivery technologies
- Approved ocular drug delivery formulations
- Ocular drug delivery pipeline by therapeutic category
- Future perspectives and development opportunities
46 Company Profiles by Technology Type
- Novel aerosol and eye drop devices
- Punctal plugs
- Topical delivery systems
- Injectables and implants
- Ocular inserts
- Drug-eluting lenses
For each company profiled, the following information is provided:
- Technology Description
- Development Status / Pipeline Products
- Patents and Publications
- Partnership Opportunities
- Business Development & Licensing Contact
Sample of Companies Profiled:
- Envisia Therapeutics
- EyeGate Pharma
- Graybug Vision
- Kala Pharmaceuticals
- KMG Pharma
- Leo Lens Technology
- Mati Therapeutics
- Ocular Therapeutix
- Oculis Pharma
- Spindrift Therapeutics
- ViSci, Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4nrdl8/ocular_drug