The Asia-Pacific network security market recorded a revenue of $3.13 billion and a year-on-year (YoY) growth of 13.9% in 2016, performing better than the year earlier which saw a YoY growth rate of 9.8%.
The growth was fueled by the strong performance of major countries such as China, Japan, Australia, and India and was also aided by the high growth rates of the Philippines and Hong Kong. The service provider segment continued its dominance with the largest share of the market at 24.4% and also attained the highest growth of 18.1% YoY.
In addition to the market growth analysis, the key driving forces have been identified and further elaborated in the study. The rise of cyber attacks such as ransomware has spurred the demand for network security solutions. In addition, data protection authorities are becoming more stringent in checks, imposing penalties, and releasing the names of organizations which failed to protect their consumers' data. Local authorities have also created cyber security agencies and led initiatives to encourage risk assessments and consulting services to private enterprises to improve their security infrastructure, including network security.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the network security market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will network security continue to exist, or will other solutions and services take its place?
- What are the most common network security threats in Asia-Pacific?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to go it alone or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Definitions and Research Methodology
3. Asia-Pacific Network Security Market 2016
4. ANZ Network Security Market 2016
5. ASEAN Network Security Market 2016
6. GCR Network Security Market 2016
7. India Network Security Market 2016
8. Japan Network Security Market 2016
9. South Korea Network Security Market 2016
10. Competitive Analysis-Firewall Segment
11. Competitive Analysis-IDS/IPS Segment
12. Competitive Analysis-SSL VPN Segment
14. Other Participants
- Cisco Systems
- F5 Networks
- IBM Security
- Intel Security
- Palo Alto Networks
- Pulse Secure
- Trend Micro
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/klb2sf/asiapacific