Crop Production Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global crop production sector.
The use of sensors technology enhances the crop production by enabling a real-time analysis and diagnosis of the crop. The sensor is an electronic component which detects events or changes in its environment and sends the information to other electronics. Sensors can be used to detect the moisture of the soil and using this information, farmers can determine when to water and fertilize the crops.
The use of sensors will result in improving the efficiency of resources, thereby significantly reducing costs. For instance, Soil IQ makes a 3-inch soil sensor mounted with a solar panel that sends data via a cellular network or a Wi-Fi. It feeds live information on soil condition and gives suggestions on planting and harvesting times.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the crop production market in 2016, accounting for around 60% of the market. This was mainly due to the large consumer population residing in the region, with increased purchasing power, and high demand. Africa was the second largest region accounting for around 12% of the market. Middle East was the smallest region accounting for around 4% of the market.
Scope of the Report
- Markets Covered: Vegetable Farming, Grain Farming, Greenhouse, Nursery, And Flowers, Fruit and Nut Farming, General Crop Farming, and Oilseed Farming.
- Geographic Scope: Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Dole Food Company Inc.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
- Del Monte Pacific Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9r56d8/crop_production