BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Parallels® launches Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) version 16 (www.parallels.com/ras) at Microsoft’s Inspire conference in Washington D.C. Parallels will demo new features such as PowerShell API, white labeling for managed service providers (MSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs), Touch ID for iOS client, linked clones for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), Turbo.net integration for an easy way to manage multiple application versions, support for Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor, use of Microsoft Windows Server for VDI deployments for MSPs with Microsoft Services Providers Licensing Agreements (SPLA), and more.
Parallels RAS 16 also features enhanced support for use of native iOS and Android touch gestures for remote applications – including in-house and legacy apps. Quick Keypad capability enables customers to define application shortcuts to significantly speed up access to most common functionality. Additional enhancements include Swiftpoint® GT Bluetooth mouse support, printing, file transfer support for HTML5 and Chrome clients, scalability, and smart sizing for applications and desktops. The Linux client now also supports microphone and camera redirection which allows use of Skype and similar apps from Linux thin-clients.
“Traditional application delivery and VDI solutions are complex and expensive for SMEs and MSPs, and result in low profitability or ROI,” said Jack Zubarev, Parallels president. “For MSPs, ISVs and businesses with 100 to 5,000+ employees, Parallels RAS significantly simplifies and enhances the IT admin and end user experience, enabling fast and scalable implementation and no-hassle management of remote applications and desktops for employees and customers. It provides a cloud-ready all-inclusive solution at significantly lower costs than alternatives.”
“Parallels RAS is revolutionizing the way physicians and nurses deliver care by making it easy for them to use the popular Greenway Health Prime Suite application from any device,” said William Schroeder, CEO at MDS Medical. “Now, care providers and clinical staff can be ‘on call’ and have unlimited access to patient charts, including full functionality found in the electronic medical record. This enables providers to efficiently manage patient treatment, prescription requests, and ensures timely and accurate charge capture from anywhere via an internet connection, just as easily as if they were working from within the office.”
Parallels RAS supports application containers, with the integration of Turbo.net, enabling customers to easily manage and deliver different versions of applications to employees. It also integrates with the new Microsoft Azure-based deployment options and includes improvements in VDI and hyper-converged use cases.
Delivery of full or linked-clone based desktops with Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and VMware ESXi or hyper-converged solutions – such as Nutanix, HPE and Lenovo – is now supported. KVM-based VDI is also supported using Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor.
Parallels RAS recently launched an enhanced Parallels Partner Program specifically designed for MSPs and ISVs specializing in remote Application and VDI services. It provides them with usage-based pricing, waterfall discounts, and a host of free resources to help them succeed. To learn more, please visit parallels.com/partners.
Parallels RAS 16 new features and updates include:
- Extended PowerShell API – Extended Microsoft PowerShell API provides IT with the ability to tackle complex configurations and repetitive tasks with automatic scripts within Microsoft’s task-based command-line shell and scripting language for improved efficiency.
- Enhanced iOS and Android mobile experience – Experience increased productivity by using the new Quick Keypad feature, which saves time accessing application menu commands, and by using a SwiftpointGT Bluetooth iOS mouse. Additionally, iPad and iPhone users can take advantage of iOS Touch ID support – watch a video demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/iOSTouchID.
- Parallels HTML5 Client – Improved web-access experience provides instant access to applications, data and desktops from any HTML5 browser on a desktop or mobile device from anywhere.
- White labeling – Now organizations can easily customize the Parallels HTML5 Client with their company logos, branding and messaging. Watch a video demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/HTML5clientVideo.
- New service options for MSPs and ISVs – Service providers can now access VDI solutions compliant with Microsoft SPLA along with an unlimited number of Windows Servers for Remote Desktop VDI which can be created without consuming Windows Desktop licenses such as Windows 7, 8, 10 and Remote Desktop Client Access Licenses (CAL).
- Enhanced security – IT managers can control and restrict setting options available to each user of the Parallels Client by location, time and device. If a threat is detected, IT admins can remotely lock a device, disable USB devices and clipboard usage. Also, Touch ID or a passcode can be used for an additional layer of security.
- Swiftpoint GT Blue Tooth Mouse Support – Watch a demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/Swiftpoint.
- Quick Keypad – Quick Keypad capability enables customers to define application shortcuts to significantly speed up access to most common functionality. Watch a demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/QuickKeypad.
- Linked clones for VDI – A faster and space saving option for VDI. Watch a demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/LinkedClones.
- Turbo.net integration – A fast and easy way to manage multiple application versions. Watch a demo of this feature: http://bit.ly/TurbonetDemo.
- Improved printing – The easy to use enhanced printing redirection is ready right out-of-the-box. Parallels RAS Universal Printing increases printing performance and response time with local printers using server-based desktops or virtual applications.
- Nutanix Acropolis hypervisor support – MSPs and ISVs with Microsoft Services Providers Licensing Agreements (SPLA) can now use Microsoft Windows Server for VDI deployments.
Parallels RAS has more than 5,000 customers from MSPs, ISVs, business sectors, healthcare, education, manufacturing, retail, and banking.
“We needed a purely VPN solution, but also wanted Terminal server access. Parallels RAS was perfect for our situation. Parallels RAS makes it simple for our IT admins to support any device that students and teachers prefer to use, and saves us hours of setup time,” said Paul Miller, Head of IT at Cambridge University’s Judge Business School. “The Parallels RAS mobile client for iOS and Android enables our students and teachers to be truly productive on the go or at home. We are excited about Parallels RAS 16’s VDI improvements and its new mobile client features.”
Microsoft Inspire Conference Parallels RAS Demos
Parallels will demonstrate Parallels RAS at Microsoft Inspire in the Tech Data Booth #700 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C. July 11-12 from 2-2:15 p.m. Eastern Time Parallels will give a “Bringing Simplicity and Scalability for Azure Published Applications” demo during a “Security and Information Management” segment at the Tech Data Theatre. Additionally, personal Parallels RAS demos will available throughout the day in Tech Data booth #700 during the conference.
Availability and Pricing
Parallels offers a free 30-day full-featured trial of Parallels RAS 16 at www.parallels.com/ras.
Parallels RAS pricing is $99.99 per year per concurrent user and includes all capabilities (including built-in load balancer) as well as support and maintenance at a single price point. Monthly usage based pricing is available for MSPs and ISVs – please visit www.parallels.com for details.
Parallels and the Parallels logo are registered trademarks of Parallels IP Holdings GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.