DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Credit Card Debt: Circle the Wagons and Fortify" report to their offering.
According to the report, U.S. households are adding new credit despite sky-high volumes of outstanding credit card debt, auto finance, and student loans. Adding new customers and coming up with new payment tools is exciting, but issuers need to keep their eye-on-the ball particularly since the lending growth is outpacing household income growth.
hree indicators signal risk for the U.S. credit card industry: New account bookings surged since 2011. Active credit card lines now exceed $3.4 trillion. And, 30-day credit card delinquency deteriorated in first quarter 2017.
The author's latest research, U.S. Credit Card Debt: Circle the Wagons and Fortify, discusses the rapid post-recession buildup in consumer credit card debt in the United States and why credit card issuers must ensure their operations are running at full speed to protect against an upcoming wave of potential write-off, which will translate into lower credit card industry profits and balance sheet risk.
Highlights of the research report include:
- An illustration of the rapid lending pace for credit cards, auto finance, and student loans outweighing income growth
- A review of what contingent liability means and the impact of more than $800 billion revolving debt on credit cards and an additional $2.6 trillion in open credit card lines
- An explanation of the credit card aging model and the write-off process and how it works
- Nine essential components for an effective collection strategy
- Discussion on credit scoring and data enhancements for the bank card credit operation.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Three Signals: New Accounts, Contingent Liability, Delinquency Growth
4. Collection Management and Financials
5. Taking Action
- ACI Worldwide
- American Express
- Bloomberg Markets
- Capital One
- Celeriti Fintech
- First Data
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions
- New York Times
- Saylent Technologies
- USA Today
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t5tp7z/u_s_credit_card