DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Evolving Retail Concepts and Venues with Mobile Self-Checkout" report to their offering.
A new research report, Evolving Retail Concepts and Venues with Mobile Self-Checkout, describes different shopping approaches and integrated technology systems that are currently in use or in testing, including Amazon Go, Scan & Go from Walmart and Sam's Club, as well as others including white-label versions and even smart vending machines.
Mobile self-checkout will drive changes in the retail shopping process and lead to shifting consumer behavior in choosing where to shop. Merchants will be faced with decisions on new technology investment and store configuration revisions to meet the evolving preferences of their customers.
Many brick-and-mortar merchants are enduring a sales free-fall and looking for ways to generate more foot traffic in their stores. Building on the positive consumer reaction to mobile order and pay apps, merchants are developing mobile self-checkout systems as a shopping enhancement for time-strapped customers.
These systems enable shoppers to use their cellphones to scan merchandise as they shop and then have the cellphone tally the sales, make payment, and receive an e-receipt, so they can exit the store without waiting in a checkout line. Some merchants indicate that their customers are coming to their stores more frequently, knowing that they will not have to wait in checkout lines.
Highlights of this report include:
- A review of the early merchant adopters of mobile self-checkout
- Types of technology systems in use or testing
- How self-checkout impacts consumer mobile use engagement
- Merchant categories most suitable to mobile self-checkout apps
- Implications for payments industry stakeholders.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Keeping Pace with the Customer Experience
4. Self-Checkout Uses Familiar Technology
5. Integrated Sensors/Cameras/RFID
6. Mobile Apps with Bar Code Scanning
7. Self-Contained Vending Machine Units Using Sensors, Biometrics, and Machine Learni
8. Other Technologies
9. Challenges and Opportunities Facing Mobile Self-Checkout
10. Favorable Merchant Categories for Self-Checkout
11. Mobile Payment Methods: Conclusions and Implications
- Dunkin' Donuts
- FutureProof Retail
- Sam's Club
- ViaTouch Media
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zg93jz/evolving_retail